Ubongo is a social enterprise that creates fun, localized edutainment for learners in Africa. We produce the TV series, Ubongo Kids & Akili and Me, along with a suite of multi-platform learning products from radio to apps. We leverage the power of entertainment, the reach of mass media, and the connectivity of mobile technology to give Africa students a new way to learn. Both show are on national TV across East Africa and are expanding across Africa. We are rapidly growing a set of additional digital and physical products and services for our fans.
We are looking for a savvy marketer with a passion for social change, will lead and grow Ubongo’s marketing team to grow the reach of our products in our current locations and across Africa. You will be based in Kenya or Tanzania and work with our small, passionate team in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Plan and undertake market research activities to understand more about our customers & users
- Design marketing strategy to build Ubongo’s brands and successfully launch products across Africa
- Work with our marketing team and across the organisation to plan, lead and implement activities & tactics across multiple channels (including social media, events, partnerships)
- Take a data-driven approach to develop goals, assess effectiveness and improve marketing tactics & channels
- Develop and manage company-wide marketing budget
- Fill in wherever else is needed! We’re a small company and everyone wears many hats!
- MBA or Masters of Marketing and at least a year of proven marketing management experience, preferably in media, education or consumer products sector OR related Bachelor’s degree (marketing, business) and 3+ years of proven marketing experience, preferably in media, education or consumer products sector
- Strong understanding of marketing theory, frameworks and best practices
- Leading a small team and working across the organisation to achieve marketing objectives
- Ability to think strategically about marketing decisions and channels
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to capture insights about customers and products
- Confidence using analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Comfort dealing with and understanding digital products (apps, video etc.)
- Passion for Ubongo’s vision of bringing localized edutainment to learners across Africa
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili (or another major language spoken in Africa such as French, Yoruba, Igbo)
- Deep understanding of at least one of the following sectors: education/ edtech, social business, broadcast media in Africa, consumer products
- Creative, flexible, always looking to learn new skills and willing to help out in areas outside the jobs description
- Interest and passion for finding sustainable, scalable solutions for social impact
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ubongo career website on docs.google.com to apply