If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
We are a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security. We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives. We are AECOM
. Built to deliver a better world.
Job Summary: AECOM are a leading engineering and construction company providing integrated delivery of infrastructure projects to major client around the world. A fortune 100 company and the world number 1 design company, we operate in Energy (Generation, renewables, transmission & distribution), Oil & Gas, Transportation (Aviation, roads, rail and maritime), Water (Hydro, irrigation, sanitation, distribution). Our East Africa Business is looking to expand its engineering and management team and has a variety of vacancies across the Power, and Transport Sector based out of its regional hub in Nairobi.
There is an immediate requirement for a Senior Power Engineer and Project Manager to join our growing team. This exciting role will require a senior, technically focused professional with business development, engineering and project management experience. Preferably from a power background.
AECOM is offering a competitive package for the right candidate.
The role of Senior Business Lead, Power, as part of the East Africa team, will focus on providing excellent technical and management services to Clients across Power (Generation and Transmission and Distribution systems ) enabling continued growth of services across the region.
The Lead will be responsible for;
- Promoting Safety leadership
- Project Management
- Strategic development and tactical planning for services to the HV market in EMIA
- Building Client relationships
- Understanding the opportunities across Client Portfolios
- Identifying a strong pipeline of pursuits and achieving a high win rate
- Ensuring recognition of the AECOM brand in the Power market
- Collaboration with wider AECOM resource and capability
- Mentoring of junior staff where applicable.
This position will suite a candidate with at least 10years experience working as a leading technical engineer or project manager on power projects in T&D or Power generation, who can demonstrate a track record in design or construction of substations, transmission lines or power networks.
Candidates should preferably have experience working on projects backed by International Funding
The candidate will be able to demonstrate and evidence;
- Leadership in construction Health and Safety and process safety, setting standards and expectations
- In depth knowledge of the power market in East Africa
- Ability to prepare compelling technical proposals
- Collaboration with internal colleagues to deliver cross business mutli-discipline services to clients across the region.
- Developing and Committing to business performance and stretch targets
- Talent for identifying and deploying appropriate innovation to the benefit of clients and championing productivity and efficiency gains across internal business process
- Providing leadership, guidance and mentoring to junior staff resource.
Business Lead, will have the following responsibilities;
- To act as the construction supervision consultant on behalf of a client.
- To deliver an exemplary safety performance consistent with safety critical design and construction roles in the Power Sector.
- Support the leadership team for sustainable and profitable growth
- Identify leads and convert to opportunity for execution.
- Support and input to the preparation of a comprehensive business plan with operational team
- Lead the Business development activities including Tendering and negotiation for new work
- Ensure compliance with Management System in respect to Risk, Approvals, Safety, Quality and Supplier engagement
- Delivery projects safely, successfully and profitably.
- Enjoy work
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AECOM career website on jobs.aecom.com to apply