If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Village Industrial Power (V.I.P.), is a Vermont registered corporation dedicated to producing carbon-neutral, cost-effective energy in developing countries
New Systems Design and Implementation:
- Ensure systems and processes are in place for effective quality assurance
- Ensure robust administration systems are established and maintained for the office.
- Maintain cyber security for office and field staff devices by using data encryption and an offline data room
- Best management practices for asset management and procurement procedures
Core HR – Team building, team communication, and all compliance:
- Work with the village Industrial Power director and team to coordinate HR issues
- Arrange for necessary permits, visas and travel for staff and consultants
- Communicates and reports effectively and promptly to line manager, operations manager and Directors
- Update leave monitoring sheet
- Provide daily updates to Directors, Operations Manager and Office & Finance Manager
Core Business Operations:
- Co-ordinate the reception, post and telephone services for the small office
- Support the organisation of meetings, note taking and sharing of outcomes
- Arrange travel logistics for the project, organising flights and hotels for consultants and project staff where necessary.
- Organise all aspects of events such as project workshops, including any room hire, accommodation, travel, per diem and lunches required.
- Troubleshoot key operational issue with guidance from programme management
- Process Expenses and invoices for the Organization
- Responsible for Facilities Management for the Organization
- Maintain a clean and well-functioning office space (including responsibility for IT, inventory and supplies)
- Manage office equipment, e.g. vehicle mileage and maintenance, insurances
- Ensure staff have mobile/internet cards on monthly basis and that mobile cards remain operational and valid
- Assist in the filing, storage and security of documents
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor of Business Management (or a diploma with increased experience, see below)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role (or a diploma in Business Administration and 4 years of experience)
- Demonstrated strong administrative skills
- Experience in procurement according to best practice guidelines
- High level IT proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially with advanced Excel skills.
- Basic bookkeeping experience
- Self-starter, who can work independently and as part of a team
- Effective inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Experience working in a multicultural organization
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Village Industrial Power (VIP) career website on www.linkedin.com to apply