If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Booking.com B.V. (the company behind Booking.com™) is registered and based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands ("Booking.com", "we", "us" or "our"), from where it renders an online accommodation reservation service (the "Service") on its website (the "Website"), and is supported internationally by its local group companies (the "support companies"). The support companies provide only internal support to Booking.com B.V. The support companies do not render the Service and do not own, operate or manage the Website or any other website.
As an Account Executive Amharic speaking, your main task will be to provide support to new and existing accommodation partners, contacting, informing and advising them about how to meet the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website. You will also build the accommodations webpages and training the new accommodations on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and how to use the systems that can improve their availability and supply. Furthermore you will offer support to the Account Managers with various tasks at the office.
- Day-to-day pro-active communication with partners in your region by telephone, by internal messaging and occasionally in person to assist with the development of the business;
- Building productive relationships with partners to ensure that they offer the best availability and rate structure;
- Discuss opportunities with partners that will help improve business by using Booking.com BV’s internal tool of priority setting;
- First point of contact for key local accommodation partners, answering questions and queries, taking action as needed;
- Participation in weekly team learning in your office;
- Advise accommodation partners regarding their (potential)webpages on the Booking.com website and how they can amend data with respect to supply, availability, specials, promotions;
- Liaison person for properties to contact when they have questions by phone and the Account Manager are unavailable;
- Providing support to properties or Booking.com BV in building the webpage for accommodations and/or maintaining property information on the Booking.com website;
- Verify that the website has accurate information on properties and pictures of newly registered accommodations;
- Delivering training by phone to new and or existing properties on how to use Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Providing properties with information and advice mainly by phone, including follow-ups;
- Looking after IT/administrative related tasks;
- In consultation with the Account Managers, provide information support to Booking.com BV for new and existing accommodations;
- Conduct daily/weekly rate and availability checks on various platforms;
- Assist in the preparation of market visits, operational planning and projects;
- Assisting in additional tasks and projects when needed
- You will also need to be versatile, flexible and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines/changes from Booking.com BV.
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Fluent English and Amharic speaker and writer;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and can work independently;
- Ability to convince partners on the phone to implement suggestions;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical and an eye for detail;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Booking.com career website on workingatbooking.com to apply