Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public. Our Mission Improve the operational effectiveness of our client, by developing solutions that build the internal capacities and capabilities. Our Vision To become an integrated Centre of Excellence in Management Advisory, Training and Organizational Development within Eastern and Central Africa.
Purpose: Reporting to Director Programme Operations, the purpose of this role is to enable the smooth running of the whole programme operations Department.
He/she will coordinate and manage essential data, timetabling, logistics and activities planning for all its activities.
The role has archivist and intelligence responsibilities as well as providing frontline connection with outside stakeholders to manage visits, correspondence and the like.
The strategic purpose of the Programme Operations Department is to ensure excellent delivery of all MSKs programme activities and the development and funding of new work.
MSK is a marketing focused, results oriented social enterprise. We develop efficient, effective and sustainable family planning and reproductive health programmes in Kenya. MSK provides services to men and women over 230,000 times a year.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSK’s mission of ensuring the individuals right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live MSI CORE VALUES:
Mission driven, Customer focused, Results orientated, Pioneering, Sustainable and People centered
1. Organization and communication of the whole department diaries on line including meetings, travel e.t.c
- Set up and track all meetings and activities on global diary as a result of team meetings so that whole programme knows the planned activities as far as in advance as possible
- Alert team members weekly to events arising
- Keep a public board and email listing of team whereabouts
- Ensure that travel requests are processed correctly
- Provide synopsis of plans regularly to Dir Programme Ops
- Ensure that teams always have funds and supplies to accomplish their work plans
Key Result Areas
- Meeting and staff movement records up to date at all times.
- Weekly alerts
- Travel happens on time
- Rolling planning reps generated
2. Interface with Key stakeholders providing information on the Programme Operations Department and facilitating contact with all activities (internal and external)
- Management of a department email and special groups
- Referral of calls as required
- Collation of all internal communications from activities channels and programme strategy
- Develop Programme Operation master contact list for ease of communication
- Support creation of a stakeholder map at the national and regional level with input of teams
- Coordinate channel activities with external stakeholders.
Key Result Areas
- Records of all contact up to date and actioned
- Feedback from stakeholders on quality of contact
- Information sent to Dir POD monthly
3. Storage of data and knowledge of all POD data sets and location supporting requests for information
- Ensuring full accessible archiving system collated from grants, research, M&E activities etc. across the department
- Support RME during end of project survey & evaluation
- Collation and provision of information as requested
- Maintain files of all active grant documents
Key Result Areas
- Share point management of all POD pages
- Filling/arching system designed and working
4. Team Values.
- To actively contribute to achieving the Programme targets set by Marie Stopes Kenya.
- To attend & contribute to Programme meetings and the creation and implementation of work plans.
- Provide support to field operations as requested
Key Result Areas
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from a recognised institution
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in the Development Sector/NGO sector.
- Well organized and having attention to detail
- Excellent communicator – both written and spoken
- Ability to manage others
- Knowledge of SharePoint and/or strong willingness to adopt new technology critical
- Good planning and organizational skills
- High level of professionalism and management of clients
- Team player who accepts constructive criticism and is comfortable with giving constructive criticism.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proven discretion
- Ability to work flexibly to meet programme needs
Method of Application
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before 7th February 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Programme Liaison Officer