SCM product Manager Job at Damco Logistics
Posted on: 26 January, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at DAMCO Logistics Kenya Ltd
Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com
SCM Product Manager will be responsible for delivery on product P&L and agreed KPIs. Active monitoring of business metrics and performance of large customers in the area. Set up performance monitoring tools, in conjunction with other team members, and manage periodic exercises of budget-setting. Provide support to IMEA areas as subject matter expert through stages of pursuit, on-boarding and stable operations. Help the area operations leadership identify gaps on product fundamentals and bridge those through best practice sharing.
- Regional focal for annual charge review process which entails deep-diving on major cost influencers, corresponding revision of existing or new charges and getting sign-off from regional and global board for IMEA. Ensure successful implementation
- Drive performance management and governance of the SCM product at Revenue, CM1 and EBIT levels with areas
- Processes to establish/ forecast trends on business volumes and profitability performance based on information on customer outlook, costs, lost or gained customers etc.
- Use the data collected from various stake holders in building effective quarterly forecasts on product performance for the area.
- Collaborate with CSOs for better procurement/ cost management to drive product margin
- Work with area operations and finance heads to build discipline on financial processes such that P&L variances are minimal and predictable
- Subject Matter Expert to increase awareness on SCM services, tools & techniques, identifying knowledge gaps and provide inputs to area/ country leadership and HR function for training
- Growing SCM revenue by introducing new services, modelling controlled business on SCM platform or supporting global efforts to land new business.
- Co-opt with regional product team members for new pricing solutions suited to markets in IMEA, including cross-product pricing
- Co-opt with regional product team members for sharing best practices on CFS / depot operations. Combine with local requirements (customs, regulatory)
- Gather market information on sector development and plans declared by Damco’s key customers within areas.
- Keep abreast with developments on the product across the network. Make them available for use for nominated and controlled business based on cost-benefit analysis.
- Monitor performance at customer level for large and medium sized customers. Support existing customer management as needed and case to case basis
- Support SCM team’s training and development through course designing and material creation
- Perform other position related duties as specified by management
Who we are looking for
- Minimum 7 years of experience in supply chain or logistics experience preferably in a logistics provider, multinational company
- 5+ years’ experience in the analysis, design and operations of International supply chains
- First-hand knowledge of business operations preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as qualitative and presentation skills
- Understanding of key financial metrics that impact the P&L
- Proven ability to execute against tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and also be a team player
- Ability to network effectively and be a team player with global community
- Quick learner of complex systems, reporting tools and new IT developments in context of the core business
- The position requires excellent English in written and verbal communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to DAMCO Logistics Kenya Ltd career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about DAMCO Logistics Kenya LtdSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at De La Rue - 2 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Siginon Group - 3 Positions
- General Manager at CA Global
- Job Opportunities at African Express Airways - 3 Positions
- Supply Chain operations Manager at Bolloré Transport & Logistics
- Operations Process Manager at Kuehne + Nagel Limited