Our mission is to deliver world-class financial services to the mobile generation. Life moves faster than the pace of bank queues. Your smartphone is making the world a smaller place—and a faster one. Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company based in San Francisco and Nairobi. We use technology to dramatically reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. Our first product is credit. Branch is like a bank in your pocket, there for you at all times. Commitment to Privacy and Security Branch eliminates the challenges of getting a loan by using the data on your phone to create a credit score. We encrypt the data you choose to share with us to protect your privacy. We do not share your information with third parties. Fair and Transparent Services Our fees are clear and easy to understand. Our terms allow for easy repayment. We do not charge late fees or rollover fees. The more you use Branch, the better it gets. As you pay back on time, our fees decrease, and you unlock larger loans with more flexible terms. Innovative Product, Compassionate People Complete our application in minutes. Receive your loan instantly. We provide world-class support, 24 hours a day. Ask a question in the app and receive a response in minutes. We are motivated by seeing you succeed, and we will never stop improving to better serve you.
What We Offer
You will be part of a talented, passionate team that is determined to make a positive impact on the lives of the mobile generation throughout the developing world.
You will join a team with unmatched experience in financial technology and emerging markets. Since our launch in April 2015, we’ve disbursed hundreds of thousands of loans. Our success has led to investments from Silicon Valley’s leading VCs.
The Associate Accountant will work under the Finance Manager Africa. This will be a permanent role that will involve, accounting, reporting and analysis as well ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
The Associate Accountant will be required to assist in the developing and designing of new KPIs and reconciliation templates and ensure all the reports are updated and sent out on time.
- Perform cross country accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions with deep understanding of GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Take charge of month end procedures and timelines
- Assist with testing and receive final approval for accounting software reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
Reporting and Analysis
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports.
- Be able to set up accounting books and procedures for new countries
- Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
- Production of daily, weekly, monthly reconciliations for each country covering Disbursements, Repayments and Net cash, third party contracts e.g. Mpesa, Vodafone, Cellulant
- Forex impact analysis
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance related areas
- CPA graduate
- At Least 2 years solid Accounting experience preferably handling more than 2 countries
- Experience working with accounting software, QuickBooks, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
- Very analytical with expert Excel skills
- Fluent spoken and written Swahili and English
- Self-motivated, Creative
- Super Organized & Results focused
- Able to work with tight deadlines and in a startup environment
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Branch.co career website on jobs.lever.co to apply