If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
International Alert was founded in 1986 to help people find peaceful solutions to conflict.
At that time, the number of conflicts between countries was decreasing, but there was an alarming increase in the number of conflicts within countries. These conflicts were undermining development and leading to gross violations of human rights. Identifying and highlighting individual abuses of human rights was not enough; a different approach was desperately needed. It was out of this urgency that International Alert was born.
- You will be responsible for providing leadership in the Horn of Africa in order to secure new funding opportunities. This includes supporting growth and/or consolidation of our existing programmes and helping to initiate new business.
- The post holder will also monitor and improve quality and impact of programme delivery through supporting better DM&E and leading on documentation of impact and learning.
- With a relevant degree and specific expertise of DME and fundraising
- You will have experience of working and living in different countries in the Horn of Africa, and will be familiar with peacebuilding programming.
- You will have a proven track record of developing successful grants and commercial bids for a variety of donors based in Nairobi and Addis.
- With excellent writing skills in English you will also be able to speak French to support Alert’s programmes across Africa.
- With a talent for team work you will also have an entrepreneurial spirit to pursue new business opportunities and the ability to network and build relationships with relevant stakeholders and donors.
Method of Application
To apply, please send a completed application form and equal opportunities form to email@example.com . Both forms are available for download through the link below
Interested and qualified? Go to International Alert career website on www.international-alert.org to apply