Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Generation is a global youth employment programme that helps provide young adults the opportunity to build successful careers and change their life trajectories.
In Kenya, Generation Kenya has successfully launched three training programmes: Financial Services Sales, Retail and Restaurant Services and Distributed Sales.
The Programme Coordinator will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of CCA cohorts including: mobilisation of candidates, training of delivery partner staff in Generation methodology, preparation of new training centres, quality assurance, managing relationships with employer partners during training and after placement, post-graduation support of candidates and overall coordination of the programme.
1. Managing Partners
- Being primary point of contact between Generation Kenya and delivery partners, students and employers
- Building and maintaining relationships with employer partners, including prospecting and on-boarding of new companies
- Ensuring that all regulatory requirements and funder demands are met at the centre and student levels
Monitoring performance of delivery partner and students during boot-camp and after placement
2. Programme coordination
- Preparing training centres by ensuring the readiness of all classroom materials (e.g. computers, chairs, boards), utilities (e.g. electricity, internet, toilets), signage and materials for field exercises (e.g. water, detergent), etc. before the start of each program
- Training/management of centre staff – ensuring staff (coaches, teaching assistants) are prepared before program begins, assisting them in solving problems, organising weekly staff meetings, ensuring compliance with Generation’s monitoring tools and processes
- Overseeing the planning and execution of youth mobilisation and screening, from supervising use of different mobilization platforms (print, social media, community mobilizers), to ensuring quality execution of screening process (information sessions, literacy/numeracy tests, 1:1 interviews, and registration)
- Coordinating logistics of day-to-day running of programs, including distribution of programme schedule and materials to instructors and students, support of field exercise logistics, supervision of use of grading tools (scorecard and assistance tracker), etc.
- Scheduling and managing employer presentations for candidates, organizing employer interview days, and coordinating with employers once job placements have been made
- Maintaining database with student information and programme records before and after placement, ensuring candidate performance follow-up and maintaining contact with all alumni
- Solving for consistent programme and process improvement
3. Continuous Improvement
- Collecting, synthesizing and responding to feedback on the programme and the curriculum from students and employers
- Problem-solving on updates to curriculum and operational improvements
Skills / Mindset Required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of direct supervisory management experience
- Experience preparing youth for employment
- Ability to lead interactions and meetings with employers, including negotiation of payment
- Experience working in call centres or business process outsourcing (BPO) sector preferred (but not required)
- “Do-er” mind-set, with a passion for the start-up environment, fast-changing priorities and achieving challenging goals
- Well-developed sense of attention to detail
- Interest in working in a fast-growing organization and being an integral part of aggressive scale efforts
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
Method of Application
Please forward your CV and quick summary (one paragraph) on why you’re interested in the position to email@example.com marking the subject as “2644”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2644 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 5th February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.