Kenya is a Nonprofit organization aiming to improve the legal standing of women in Kenya. With details of events, annual reports and membership.
Legal Counsel Job Duties
- Provide legal advice to FIDA Kenya clients: take their briefs, refer distressed clients for counselling and conduct mediation between parties
- Prepare pleadings and legal briefs
- Court attendance
- Assist in coordination of legal open days, legal aid and other workshops organized by the team
- Represent the organization in meetings with stakeholders and strategic partners
- Carry out programmatic work – Alternative Dispute Resolution, Self representation training for clients, Informal justice systems, preparation of reports
- Link with strategic partners including NGOs, Government departments and relevant bodies
Qualifications for the Legal Counsel Job
- Bachelor of Laws degree
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with at least FIVE (5) years post admission experience
- Must possess a valid practicing certificate
- Previous experience in Non-Governmental Organization is highly desirable
- Should have knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation
- Must posses strong writing skills, proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Should be able to work under pressure
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Litigation, Gender & Women’s Rights Issues
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must be willing to travel
Method of Application
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an updated Curriculum Vitae including 3 references, one of whom must be a previous supervisor, also indicate expected salary and the daytime contact.
To be addressed to the undersigned to be received on or by Friday, 10th February 2017 at 5.00 pm. Only email applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted. FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Director FIDA Kenya Amboseli Road, off Gitanga Road, Lavington. P.O. Box 46324-00100 Nairobi