Procurement Officer Job at Flamingo Horticulture
Posted on: 27 January, 2017
Deadline: 10 February, 2017
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Flamingo Horticulture
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Flamingo Horticulture Kenya Limited is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing 7,000 people and annually exporting 400 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables. The organization is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha and Mt Kenya. Together with 850 vegetables out growers throughout the country. The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with a deep knowledge and passion for its products. Flamingo Horticulture Kenya Limited maintains strategic focus to develop a sustainable business which in turn drives integration, development and growth possibilities within Kenya and internationally.
- Management of the Requisition to Pay process (RTP)
- Monitoring supply chain total costs and recommending action plans for cost optimization.
- Sourcing and engagement of suppliers.
- Ensuring timely delivery of goods and services.
- Coordinating and developing supplier assessments, score cards and other analytics to enable team to effectively manage supplier performance.
- Supplier base development and maintenance.
- Maintaining corporate and unit management control systems.
- Take an active Lead in negotiating purchases in managed categories
- Undertaking market research for procurement decisions.
- Training of users on purchasing processes and maintaining regular communication with them.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:-
- High level of integrity, customer focus, negotiation, planning and problem solving skills.
- PO lead times 10 Days
- PR lead times three days
- Deliver Value Improvements savings 5% of spent managed
- Adherence to Procurement Policies and closure of audit queries
- Continuous Professional training log
- Perform supplier evaluations at least one per quarter
- Experience in Category management
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) processing module
- Results oriented and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Adherence to values and principles of Flamingo Horticulture
- Minimum 3-5 years of Procurement related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field.
- CIPS Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent.
- Members of KISM or CIPS
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Flamingo HorticultureSimilar Jobs
- Marketing Manager at Millar Cameron
- Chief Finance Officer at SunCulture
- Kenya Research Manager at Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD)
- Customer Care Technician at Wanda Agriculture Ltd
- Assistant Propagation Foreman at Highlands Plants Limited