Procurement Officer Job at Flamingo Horticulture
Posted on: 27 January, 2017
Deadline: 10 February, 2017
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Flamingo Horticulture
Flamingo Horticulture Kenya Limited is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing 7,000 people and annually exporting 400 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables. The organization is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha and Mt Kenya. Together with 850 vegetables out growers throughout the country. The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with a deep knowledge and passion for its products. Flamingo Horticulture Kenya Limited maintains strategic focus to develop a sustainable business which in turn drives integration, development and growth possibilities within Kenya and internationally.
- Management of the Requisition to Pay process (RTP)
- Monitoring supply chain total costs and recommending action plans for cost optimization.
- Sourcing and engagement of suppliers.
- Ensuring timely delivery of goods and services.
- Coordinating and developing supplier assessments, score cards and other analytics to enable team to effectively manage supplier performance.
- Supplier base development and maintenance.
- Maintaining corporate and unit management control systems.
- Take an active Lead in negotiating purchases in managed categories
- Undertaking market research for procurement decisions.
- Training of users on purchasing processes and maintaining regular communication with them.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:-
- High level of integrity, customer focus, negotiation, planning and problem solving skills.
- PO lead times 10 Days
- PR lead times three days
- Deliver Value Improvements savings 5% of spent managed
- Adherence to Procurement Policies and closure of audit queries
- Continuous Professional training log
- Perform supplier evaluations at least one per quarter
- Experience in Category management
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) processing module
- Results oriented and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Adherence to values and principles of Flamingo Horticulture
- Minimum 3-5 years of Procurement related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field.
- CIPS Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent.
- Members of KISM or CIPS
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Flamingo HorticultureSimilar Jobs
- Asia Africa System and Tools Manager Job at Monsanto
- National Credit Controller Job at Starke Ayres
- Career Opportunities at The World Agroforestry
- Seed Analyst Job at Monsanto Company
- Production Manager Job at Syngenta
- Dryer Seed Technician Job at Monsanto
- Dairy Sales Job at G. North & Son
- Komaza Fellowship - Quant Jockey