If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
is the world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Scope of Work
The position will provide support and services related to protocol to the Regional Office and Kenya Country Office, including senior staff visiting Nairobi, Kenya. The incumbent will work closely with the Administrative Officer in charge of travel for KCO and will assist with travel related matters as a back up.
- Liaise with the relevant Host Country Government (Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Protocol unit, Immigration department) for troubleshooting any protocol related matters in support of the Regional Office, Kenya Country office and any other neighbouring country relying on diplomatic representations in Kenya as and when required
- Follow-up on staff members’ and their recognized dependents applications for visas, resident permits and diplomatic identification as well as other necessary related documents in accordance with the requirement of the United Nations and the Host Country
- Make hotel reservations for new International staff members, UNICEF visitors, consultants on duty travel and/or participants to regional meetings organized in Nairobi.
- Manage Airport Protocol Operations; facilitate airport lounge bookings including meeting and greeting both at JKIA and Wilson airports in support of departure and arrival of Senior Staffs.
- Arrange airport transfers of high-level officials and UNICEF visitors such as donors and support to expedite customs and immigration procedures as necessary.
- Work closely with Advocacy and Partnership team, in processing relevant clearance and entry permits for filming equipment for visiting crews
- Process annual requests for airport passes for senior staffs and support staff on their annual submissions for blanket VAT exemptions
- Work closely with the Administrative Officer in charge of travel on travel related matters as backup and assume travel duties whenever that Admin. Officer is absent.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor or Chief of Operations
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION &COMPETENCIES (indicates the level of proficiency required for the job.)
- Completion of an A-level certificate and graduate education is recommended.
- Course in travel, protocol and related matters as an asset.
- Fluency in English and Swahili. Another UN official language (French, Arabic, etc..) would be an asset.
- Six years of relevant experience in similar field of work
Competency Profile (For details on competencies please refer to UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles.)
i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [I]
- Working with People [II]
- Drive for Results [I]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
iv) Technical Knowledge 
- Knowledge of Windows 7 & 8 and Outlook and Office 365 required
Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job)
(Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.)
- Good knowledge of the law of land on immigration and protocol related matters
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on jobs.unicef.org to apply