The Northern Rangelands Trust is a non-profit umbrella organization supporting 33 community conservancies across northern Kenya. Its mission is to develop resilient community conservancies, which transform lives, secure peace and conserve natural resources.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Marketing Manager will work to stimulate business growth in order to produce economic benefits for NRT member community conservancies.
- Develop and regularly review Beadworks marketing strategy (regarding customers, branding, products, pricing, and promotions) and plan to achieve the sales targets specified in the business plan.
- Carry out market research to establish market trends and customer needs.
- Improve product marketability and profitability of handcrafts by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities, improving product packaging, championing and coordinating new product development.
- Build and manage Beadworks social media profiles and presence, including facebook, instagram, twitter, and other relevant additional channels.
- Organize and participate in marketing activities such as tradeshows and other promotional events.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with our largest customers and be the main point of contact for all enquires relating to Beadworks. Ensure orders are logged and followed.
- Support the administration and management of Beadworks.
- Create media content which can be used to market Beadworks business lines.
- Develop and maintain stocks of marketing materials.
- Maintain aspects of statutory compliance for Beadworks business lines.
- Maintain positive customer service image and professionally handle all feedback, complaints and enquires.
- Be a leader and team player that coordinates all stakeholders in the business
- Hold a minimum of bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, business or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing in product-based entity. Passion and Practical knowledge in marketing handcrafts will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker with an ability to use data to inform all decisions.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a good command of written English.
- Persuasive communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Exposure to Western World markets and cultures are an added advantage.
Method of Application
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on Wednesday , 8th February 2017 addressed to: Human Resource Officer, Northern Rangelands Trust.
Email: hr@nrt- kenya.org
Qualified applicants drawn from the membership of conservancies where we operate will have a distinct advantage. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.