If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Port Management Limited invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Internal Audit Manager
Summary: The position serves a Group of Companies in a port related industry.
The position is responsible for planning, co-ordinating, executing independent risk and compliance audits, and ensuring systematic, disciplined approach for effective risk control management and governance process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish the Group Internal Audit Program mission and the Internal Audit Management Plan:
- Periodically review policies and procedures for the conduct of the Internal Audit Program:
- Establish, review and implement professional standards for the conduct of the Internal Audit Program;
- To interface with key managers to ensure that risk management is embedded in their daily responsibilities;
- Advice and recommend to the Board on best corporate governance practices:
- Maintain and quantify the risk log on current risks facing departments and proactively manage them in conjunction with the accountable parties.
- Prepare and present reports on the same;
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans:
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations:
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit's results and provide recommendations on how to strengthen the existing control and governance environment for long term reduction of risks and exposure;
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
• Bachelor's degree.
• CPA (K) / ACCA.
• CISA and CIA an added advantage.
• At least 6 years of experience in a busy internal audit department, Big 4 or 2nd Tier Audit Firm.
Method of Application
Applications with detailed CV should be sent to:
Human Resource Manager, Port Management Limited. P.O. Box 83333-80100 Mombasa
OR emailed to email@example.com
So as to be received on or before Saturday 11th February 2017.