Port Management Limited invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Internal Audit Manager
Summary: The position serves a Group of Companies in a port related industry.
The position is responsible for planning, co-ordinating, executing independent risk and compliance audits, and ensuring systematic, disciplined approach for effective risk control management and governance process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish the Group Internal Audit Program mission and the Internal Audit Management Plan:
- Periodically review policies and procedures for the conduct of the Internal Audit Program:
- Establish, review and implement professional standards for the conduct of the Internal Audit Program;
- To interface with key managers to ensure that risk management is embedded in their daily responsibilities;
- Advice and recommend to the Board on best corporate governance practices:
- Maintain and quantify the risk log on current risks facing departments and proactively manage them in conjunction with the accountable parties.
- Prepare and present reports on the same;
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans:
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations' effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations:
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit's results and provide recommendations on how to strengthen the existing control and governance environment for long term reduction of risks and exposure;
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector's rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
• Bachelor's degree.
• CPA (K) / ACCA.
• CISA and CIA an added advantage.
• At least 6 years of experience in a busy internal audit department, Big 4 or 2nd Tier Audit Firm.
Method of Application
Applications with detailed CV should be sent to:
Human Resource Manager, Port Management Limited. P.O. Box 83333-80100 Mombasa
OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to be received on or before Saturday 11th February 2017.