Daraja Microfinance Bank
was conceived in August 2008 during the Investment Cell Ltd's strategy retreat. Investment Cell Ltd is an investment club founded by friends that met at the Rotary Club of Lang’ata. They launched a capital call two years later in 2010 and invited friends and associates who included Investment Cell shareholders and members of the Rotary Club of Lang'ata
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
As the Internal Auditor, you will be responsible for timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the company’s audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
Salary range: Kshs 70,000 – Kshs 110,000
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures
- Prepare and ensure audit plan delivery through audit reviews
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established/required timeline.
- Establish risk-based audit programs and complete audit work-papers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with management and the auditors
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing operating information and trends
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provide consolidated reporting, inclusive of an overall audit profile, ensuring that major risks are identified and reported to the Audit Committee on risk hotspots, measures and recommendations
- Appraise adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires
- Ensure adherence to CBK Regulations
Key Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or related field
- Professional qualifications e.g. CPA/ACCA/CFA/ACII/FIA/FFA
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an audit function
- Knowledge of IFRS guidelines and ISA rules
- Experience in financial auditing is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Central Bank of Kenya Regulatory Rules
- Strong analytical skills
- Proper and organized documentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Certificate of good conduct
- CBK clearance
- Clean credit history
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd Feb, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted