Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Job Description: The role is for someone who gets excited about creating fresh designs and a simple user experience to help build a strong African brand.
They are looking for someone who can help the company create a brand offering new ideas, fresh perspective, and a positive attitude.
The brand should be simple, transparent, and designed around their partners.
- Designs and directs all aspect of the look and feel of brand experiences at all end-in-mind consumer touch points in partnership with brand marketing, categories, and global design.
- Leads & mentors in-house Graphic Designer with creation of marketing collateral bank including: merchandise, online ads, print ads, office branding, presentations, website design, etc.
- Helps design company’s consumer facing products.
- Creates a look consistent with the company, while pleasing their users.
- Communicates effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Presents the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to bring the company brand to life and support Marketing & Sales with the collateral they need to hit growth targets.
- Must have experience in Adobe suite (4-5 years experience), Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Graphic design.
- Bring creative energy to every design.
- Come to the table with fresh ideas and an open mind.
- Deadline oriented.
- Excellent graphic design / layout / typography skills.
- Expertise in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator using Mac OS X.
- Impressive attention to detail.
- Provide creative sketches for photography art direction.
- Ability to lead a team environment and mentor, direct and critique the work of other designers & photographers.
- Time management skills and attention to details to ensure multiple projects are completed on time and of the highest quality.
- Photo styling experience is a plus.
- Act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
Company Type: Start up
Job Type: Full Time
Method of Application
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2651”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2651 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 3rd February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer