If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
- Act as customer’s interface for advanced Care service delivery and support, often in several areas/countries if requested. Work with large and / or complex projects or troubleshooting cases. Scope is often solution/system level.
- Provide advanced technical support for queries (customer & internal), according to customer contract and internal support model.
- Leading role in complex troubleshooting cases, including 3rd party equipment and Multivendor Interfaces.
- Responsible for meeting contracted response times.
- Responsible as technical customer contact.
- Handles technical requests, provides understanding of customer’s network configuration, co-ordinates resolution delivery.
- System tracing and protocol flow analysis, expert in utilizing troubleshooting tools.
- Consultancy type of activities: Applies customer understanding in customer relationship building, opportunity identification especially in Care phase.
- Lead and provide Expert Support services (such as MV, IP, Expert Support, Preventive Care, On-line SW Change Service, Launch Support, Tailored Technical support, Special Event support).
- Lead complex technical activities such a SW upgrades, technical audits and Swaps.
- Responsible for technical support in early product release phases (pilots, trials and early projects).
- Feedback and co-ordination with other service business lines (like Network Planning, System Integration).
- Implement parametering in the NE's/sub systems, understands KPI and is capable to improve the e2e performance of the system. Feedback and co-ordination with other service units (like Network Planning and System Integration).
- Project management duties (e.g. planning of a subproject or special Care projects, technical manager substitute, managing subcontractors).
- Network expansion activities up to multi-interface level.
- Lead & plan technical / customer system acceptance testing and feature testing.
In case handling process the scope of work depends on role assigned to an engineer as below
As Customer Support Engineer In CSC
- Acts as first point of contact for customer, receives and validates the case, collects case info using analytical troubleshooting methods
- Provides workaround or solves the case through Knowledge Re-Use
- Supports implementation of preventive proposals
- Dispatches the case to TSC
- Manages customer communication on case level through the case lifecycle, acts as Care Program Manager deputy with case communication
As Emergency Support Engineer (ESE), Typically Located In CSC
- Works on EMC Front End
- Receives the EME case, assess severity and collects information and symptoms needed for technical analyses and activating emergency engineer on duty rota
- Leads the e2e restoration activities
- Reports the incident progress throughout the case lifecycle
- Ensures the EME case data and reporting quality
As Technical Support Engineer In TSC
- Performs system level or complex case troubleshooting
- Defines, tests and delivers resolutions and workarounds for complex cases
- Transfers customer faults to Maintenance R&D independently, coaches TSC engineers for Maintenance R&D
- In Lead TSC Engineer role manages and coordinates troubleshooting phase activities (e.g. in troubleshooting teams, involved engineers in TSCE role)
- Provides the content for customer communications and direct customer discussions independently
As Emergency Engineer (located In TSC Or Local/regional Rota)
- Works on critical incidents on emergency rota
- Leads the e2e technical troubleshooting activities
- Neutralizes and restores the working state of the system"
- Provides updates of incident progress throughout the case lifecycle
- Provides information for RCA/ preventive analysis purposes
fNokia Technical Support Services
Europe, Middle East, Africa-Kenya-Nairobi
- Level 4:
- Operation & Maintenance Support
- Trials and Pilots Support
- Case Handling (troubleshooting) Care
- ECC Process & Tools Knowledge
- IP Competence (Care)
- Solution & Network competence (Care)
- Online SW Change Service
- Preventive Care
- Expert Support
- Knowledge Management (Care)
- Service Excellence
- Customer Relationship
- Communication Skills (Care)
Juniper Certifications Are a Must
- Multivendor Competence (Care)
- Technical Management (Care)
Added Certification: JNCIS-ER - Advanced Juniper Networks Routing in the Enterprise
- JNCIP-SP – Professional, Service Provider
- JNCIS-SEC - Specialist, Security
- JNCIS-M/T - Specialist, M/T Series
- CCIP - Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional (BGP,MPLS,QOS,BSCI)
- CCDP - Cisco Certified Design Professional (ARCH,BSCI,BCMSN)
- CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional (BSCI,BCRAN,BCMSN,ONT)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nokia career website on aluperf.taleo.net to apply