If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose Of The Position
To provide overall strategic guidance and coordination of integrated Environment and Climate Change programming in terms of technical support, accountability, learning and innovation, resource acquisition, engagement & networking, and DM&E all aimed at achieving well designed, integrated and sustainable climate change response initiatives for child well-being.
In order to successfully do so, the office holder must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
- Provide effective technical support to project teams on roll out of Partnership and other recognized and approved models on Environment & Climate Change (e.g. Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration, Climate Smart Agriculture, Conservation Agriculture with Trees, Energy Saving Cook-stoves with Carbon Credits etc.);
- Participate in joint technical coordination, planning and review meetings for all Environment & Climate Change;
- Identify capacity gaps in Environment & Climate Changeto inform the national level staff capacity development strategy;
- Ensure skills and capacity development for staff and partners in Environment & Climate Change strategies, models and approaches;
- Coordinate regular learning forum to profile, communicate and ensure adoption of promising practices;
- Participate in the development of National Strategy, Technical Approaches and Programmes;
- Ensure Linkage with EARO and GC Resilience & Livelihoods learning centres/CoPs/advisors for continued backstopping to enable quality programming within WVK;
- Ensure Environment & Climate Change is well articulated in the L&R Technical Approach and Technical Program and utilized to implement NO Strategy and;
- Environment & Climate Change Implementation Guidelines are available at the project and regional levels and utilized with feedback reports.
Accountability, Learning and Innovation (20%)
- Support programs/projects to ensure that high quality Technical Program/Project Designs are in place;
- Ensure interpretation and utilization of assessment , baselines, evaluations and verification on quality of designs;
- Ensure development of standardized monitoring tools including Project Models such as FMNR, CSA are in use with appropriate feedback;
- Analyze and interpret ECC assessment findings and utilize the findings to generate evidence-based recommendations for subsequent Programme designs;
- Gather data at National level for reporting on Environment & Climate Change as well as reports (MMR, Semi-Annual, Annual Reports) and CWB Annual Report;
- Support in ensuring quality (re)-design for Environment & Climate Change projects, AOPs, proposals and concepts as per LEAP guidelines and other standards;
- Upscale and support WVK’s current work and integration on Environment & Climate Change within and among WVK’s areas of operation;
- Facilitate Regions and Programs to develop high quality integrated Environment & Climate Change projects through conceptualization, innovation, development and planning;
- Expose WVK staff on issues of green economy, carbon trading, and possible ways that communities can benefit from the two and;
- Ensure that lessons learnt are shared across programmes and are fed into WVK’s policy work, ensuring that various offices share information on useful tools, contacts and publications.
Program Development and Grants Acquisition (25%)
- Lead in development and utilization of MOUs / working agreements with Environment & Climate Change strategic, funding and program/project implementation partners such as UNEP and other accredited organizations;
- Participate in Go-No Go Processes, write ups, meeting with prospective donors and submission of concepts/proposals;
- Technically support PD&GA team to develop proposals/concepts to prospective donors and SOs for Environment & Climate Change Projects in general as per the yearly set targets;
- Physically present/defend Environment & Climate Change Proposals to donors in coordination with PD&GA when required;
- Respond effectively to calls and queries by donors and SOs on Environment & Climate Change Concepts/Proposals in coordination with PD&GA and;
- Work closely with the Communication Department in the production donors and for marketing purposesand;
- Develop Environment & Climate Change specific Job Descriptions for technical staff in liaison with P&C.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply