was established as a telecommunications operator under the Companies Act in April 1999. We provide integrated communications solutions in Kenya with the widest range of voice and data services as well as network facilities for residential and business customers. We are proud to play a prominent role in the information and communications technology sector, serving millions of Kenyans across the country.
Reporting to the Product and Operations Manager the role will be responsible for managing manage day to day escalation issues while ensuring SLA achievement and delivery of quality service at all times.
Responsible for continued monitoring of the product and service portfolio, system performance and overall user experience, making necessary technical and operational improvements.
Responsibilities for the Operations Manager Job
- Creation of Agents and merchants onto the CWS platform upon receipt of documentation from the Agency Team. All creations on the platform will be inline with the Agent creation policy in line with the agreed SLA’s.
- Compliance with Operational Excellence initiatives and regulatory requirements (risk, revenue assurance, legal, etc
- Conduct post-launch assessment of newly implemented initiatives.
- Manage daily operational tasks related to the system flows and escalations issues while ensuring SLA achievement and delivery of quality service at all times.
- Work towards resolving complex issues that cause customer, agent and partner dissatisfaction.
- Maintain strong ties and consistent communication with Customer, Agent and Partner facing Departments to capture appropriate operational issues that need resolution.
- Provide daily reports on all operational issues and on a weekly basis provide a statistical analysis report of all escalated issues with evidence of continuous decline in the number of repeat escalation issues.
- Provide regular analysis and trends on the Mobile Financial Services products and services performance.
- Maintain the quality of service by enforcing mobile financial services processes and procedures as well as the organization standards.
- Make proposals based on customer/agent/partner feedback for process, product or service improvements.
- Escalate to the Process Manager recommendations on identified gaps in the processes and procedures.
- Participate in system testing for all new/modifications of products and services as per agreed timeframes and provide accurately documented User Acceptance Tests.
- Ensure any operational process and/or procedure changes are communicated to the necessary teams within 24 hours of approval.
- In liaison with the training manager, provide weekly training schedules for new agents and partners to be trained on new/modified products and services prior to activation process or product/service launch.
Collect training needs assessment pertaining to agents and partners work procedures and escalate to the training manager.
- Propose re-designing of agents and partners training materials based on ongoing operational interactions with these teams.
- Achieve KPIs assigned and participate in coaching sessions and attend all monthly performance evaluations with your respective line manager.
- Timely submission of comprehensive reports to the Manager/HOD as defined from time to time within agreed timelines.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational trainings & workshops and reviewing publications.
Qualifications for the Operations Manager Job
- 3-5 years relevant experience in a managerial or specialist role within a Telecommunications or Financial Services environment, having being exposed to multiple disciplines.
- Relevant experience in product operation role within a product development environment, having being exposed to product development processes and support.
- Relevant post graduate diploma or degree, commercial focus preferred
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions.
- Customer focused – passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers.
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing.
- Project Management – experience in documentation of project processes.
- Strategically Oriented –able to identify, define opportunities and implement them.
Method of Application
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 10th February 2017 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted