Program Assistant Job at The International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Posted on: 2 February, 2017
Deadline: 14 February, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Finance Corporation
The International Finance Corporation (IFC)
, the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global leader, investor and advisor committed to projects in its developing member countries that reduce extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to businesses and governments in the developing world
Duties for the Program Assistant Job
- The program assistant will be a member of the Country Office staff recruited locally and based in Nairobi, Kenya. The program assistant has dual reporting to the Regional Industry Head and to the Country Manager based in in Nairobi office. Specific duties will include the following:
- Drafts routine correspondence and proof-reads and edits materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style
- Incorporates agreed upon review comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities
- Has ability to organize and implement projects and tasks, set priorities, coordinate and monitor assignments to maximize efficiency and quality
- Has technology and operating systems knowledge needed to provide quality client support in efficient and cost effective manner. Is an early adopter and embracer of new technology and systems
- Coordinates schedules taking priority into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to staff inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the bank;
- Solves non-routine problems (e.g. responds to requests requiring research to address query at hand, etc)
- Assists in preparation of conferences, seminars, workshops etc
- Tracks assigned project steps/timetables, coordinates with relevant staff and provides assistance and/or information on projected related matters
- Maintains current distribution lists, phone/addresses lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for relevant task teams
- Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic)
- Corresponds with vendors to solicit price quotes for supplies and make hotel reservations in accordance with World Bank Group policy
- Manages logistics requests for the visiting missions of the units
- Handles bookings for business travels; obtains tickets from the travel agency, requests visas for staff
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output. Fully involves others in the work of the team.
Program Assistant Job Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelors’ degree and/ college diploma preferably in Secretarial Studies or Office Management or Business Administration with two years relevant work experience in a large international organization or service or private sector organization
- Proficiency in using advanced functions of World Bank standard computer applications (MS office 2013).
- Knowledge of, and ability to execute diverse and intricate work procedures related to the timely processing and production of assigned outputs and supporting administrative activities.
- Applied knowledge of World Bank Group’s organization, procedures and practices, including IFC records management and filing procedures is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to retrieve reference materials from various sources (e.g. databases, Iportal or other filing systems, joint library, internet etc.)
- Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and to anticipate next steps
- Ability to pass relevant World Bank Group tests (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.) as required.
- Committed, dedicated team player with the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with staff and clients in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written) including ability to draft routine correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style. French language skills desirable.
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Recognizes and addresses challenges to effective teamwork
- Ability to produce highly-quality work under pressure
- Willingly adapts to constantly changing circumstances and environment while maintaining an organizational perspective. Engages in continuous learning, adjusting the application of knowledge, skills and abilities while the work program and operating environment changes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Finance Corporation (IFC) career website on wbcba.worldbank.org to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Finance Corporation (IFC)Similar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Finance Assistant at World Health Organization
- Career Opportunities at Pan African Climate Justice Alliance - 4 Positions
- Job Openings at Kenya Red Cross Society - 3 Positions
- Programme Coordinator at Save the Children
- Communication Officer at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Assistant Acountant at Marie Stopes International
- Business Development Manager at Heifer International