If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Technical University of Mombasa (TUM) is a Flagship University located in Mombasa County, set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and magnificent Indian Ocean and overlooking the famous Tudor Creek.
The University, which boasts of unique architecture depicting the rich historical influences and developments of the region, has transformed from Mombasa Institute of Muslim Education in 1948; Mombasa Technical Institute in 1966; Mombasa Polytechnic in 1972; Mombasa Polytechnic University College in 2007; and finally its current status in 2013. It’s dynamism in managerial and academic leadership has seen this prestigious University offer courses in certificate, diploma and degree awards in Engineering, Science, Business and Technology.
Grade 15N: REF NO. TUM/ADVERT/RERC/1/FO/2017
Applicants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Must possess PhD in Accounting/Finance plus CPA (K) or its equivalent. Must have at least three (3) years’ experience at Grade 14 or comparable position.
Must Possess a Master’s Degree (Accounting/Finance) plus CPA (K) or its equivalent. Must have at least five (5) years’ experience at Grade 14 or any other relevant comparable position.
- Must be proficient in financial management based computer applications.
- Have a good track record of successful Management and Leadership capabilities.
- Possession of Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) will be an added advantage.
- Comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution as well as submit clearance certificates/documents from the following state organs: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC),Criminal Investigation Department (CID),Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Responsible of all matters relating to efficient, effective and sustainable engagement and utilization of the University financial resources. This will be through appropriate development and implementation of high quality accounting and financial management system that will ensure adherence to financial strategies and budgets.
Duties and responsibilities
- The overall formulation and implementation of the finance strategy for the department.
- Advising the University management on all financial matters.
- Interpretation of financial policies, budgetary control system, management accounting methods and monthly/quarterly/annual financial returns.
- Responsible for review, planning, coordination, design, implementation, development of accounting services and systems.
- Timely submission of annual financial statements and accounts.
- Setting and maintaining high accounting standards in the University
Method of Application
The deadline for submissions of all Applications to this post is Mon, 13 Feb 2017. After this deadline,the system shall automatically close all vacancies and shall NOT accept any applications thereafter.
Interested and qualified? Go to Technical University of Mombasa career website on www.tum.ac.ke to apply