Post-Doctoral Fellow at International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT)
Posted on: 3 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Maize and Wheat Imp
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
This position is based at CIMMYT Kenya Office, located in Nairobi.
Provide support to the development of project proposals and reports.
Write various publications for scientific and peer reviewed journals.
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor,
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes::
- A recent Ph.D. in Plant Breeding, Genetics, or Pathology of wheat or other cereals.
- Experience with handling rust pathogens in the greenhouse and field.
- Experience with molecular markers and genetic mapping in wheat or other cereals and the statistical and biometrical packages to analyze them.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Established publications in peer reviewed international journals.
- Strong interest in international agricultural research and development.
- Multicultural Awareness and Sensitivity
- Innovation and Creativity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) career website on cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (...Similar Jobs
- Compliance Manager Job at Amref
- Career Opportunities at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Logistics / Security Manager Job at Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Chief Accountant Job at Caritas Nyeri
- Area Manager, Africa Job at Entrepreneurs' Organization
- Assistant Administrative Officer Job at Action Africa Help International (AAH-I)
- Management Sciences for Health
- Administrative Assistant Job at UNSOS - United Nations Support Office in Somalia