A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO)
has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 25 years. We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable. AMSCO grew out of the African Training and Management Services Project (ATMS), a joint initiative of International Finance Corporation (IFC), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and African Development Bank (AfDB). Specialties Talent Management (Management Placement and Recruitment), Capacity Development (Training), Technical Assistance Programmes
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Formulation of Financial Plans&Forecasts
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Relationship with Financial Institions& Outsources Services
- Investor relations and investment Management
- Inventory Control and Management: Assets and Stock
- Managing Creditors & Debtors
- Sustainability Reporting
- Risk and Compliance Management
(Give task & the major end results the job is expected to achieve)
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction, performance measures and tactical initiatives that support the company's strategic direction.
- Producing and Interpreting accurate&Timely financial information i.e Annual/Quarterly/Monthly reports, statements, accounting records, Management Accounts and advice the Managing Director on the significance of the same as well as identifying, evaluating and presenting options for decision making
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance including analyzing competitors and market trends to formulate counter-strategies
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, bankers and statutory organizations such as the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Analyze new and existing financial processes to ensure they are carried out in compliance with financial legislation, policies and procedures and adherence to terms
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out and responding to auditor’s comments concerning finances and operations and oversee required action to address deficiencies.
- Coordinate banking services, reconciliation and custody of funds, securities and financial instruments as well as preparing reports which summarize and forecast financial position in areas of levy collections, expenditure and investments.
- Coordinate and monitor the company’s investment of surplus funds, also devise and implement effective strategies for managing working capital and expenditure programmes.
- Coordinate the preparation of tax returns to ensure compliance with periodic tax payments, information reporting and other statutory requirements as well providing advice to the Managing Director on effective strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Develop and manage accounting and financial systems and maintain full and accurate accounting records.
- Managing and controlling budgets through monitoring the company’s expenditure trends and provide timely advice and explanation on potential over and under spends to senior management
Participate in key decisions as a member of the SeniorManagement team
·Support individual departments in the financial planning and implementation of plans, provide financial advice and guidance to senior management.
- Oversee credit control
- Manage the accounting, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury functions and activities
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systemswhilst ensuring operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervising staff and motivating staff under him/her
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- developing financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk including constructing and monitoring reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit & Finance committee of the board
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Works with all departments in communicating and ensuring compliance of financial plans and budgets
- Direct Supervision of: Finance Officer
- Ability to compile finance reports, cash flows and financial statements
- Good product costing knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
Demonstrate Negotiation skills
- Good Knowledge of (IFRS) International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with an ERP and Financial InformationSystem
- Risk management
- Good Knowledge of Management systems (i.e. BSCI, ISO 22000)and prerequisite controls
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University graduate in Commerce (Finance Option) or other related business degree, masters degree in accounting or business administration will be n added advantage
- 7+ Years of progressive experience in Financethree of which must be in a Chief Accountant/Senior Accountant role preferable in a busy Manufacturing or Production environment.
- Certified Public Accountant of Kenya CPA (K) or equivalent, ACCA
- Certified Member of ICAK or any other professional Body
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Management Services Company (AMSCO) career website on www.placementpartner.co.za to apply