Oxygen8 Group is a global technology provider of multi-channel solutions with offices in 10 countries, operations in over 27 countries and a turnover in excess of £90million. Working in partnership with its clients, Oxygen8 enables businesses to drive new revenue streams, improve customer communication, build brand awareness and increase customer loyalty.
Summary: This is a senior position reporting directly to the CEO and represents an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a Senior Technical role in a dynamic organization.
Working closely with the CEO and the Group CTO, the successful candidate will be key in delivering success throughout Africa.
- The successful candidate will take ownership of delivery to customers to ensure business success in line with the company’s strategic and operational plans.
- As part of the Senior Leadership team you will work closely with the executive team to develop the company’s vision, goals, products and markets.
- Provide strong confident leadership and direction by developing structures, staffing & performance goals specifically for Engineering, Operations, Professional Services and Customer Support.
- Be a key player in the design and establishment of a high performance organisational culture for Oxygen8 and lead the implementation of that culture in the areas under your control.
- Develop management systems and performance measurement dashboards to track and report on performance.
- Apply financial rigor and business acumen to all initiatives to help the management team arrive at decisions that maximize business performance.
- Maintain an appropriate balance across short-term and long-term planning and resource investment.
- Work closely with the organisations sales team, enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools and materials.
- Work closely with the Group Technology and product management teams to define customer and market requirements for each territory in Africa
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends and circulate around the organisation
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
Professional Experience / Requirements
- 15+ years in Technology / Professional services organisations with seven to ten years of demonstrable success leading operations, development and delivery teams and initiatives.
- A track record of successfully managing and growing teams, operating in a complex technical area with broad knowledge of a variety of platform technologies.
- Have superior problem-solving, organisational and planning skills and the ability to present complex technical information to a variety of audiences.
- Visionary leader and team builder capable of providing executive leadership and developing a strong management team with succession capability.
- Ability to recruit, lead, motivate and assess high performance across professional services, engineering and operations.
- Operate with the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity.
Experience in following areas desirable
1. Project delivery to Telco's internationally
2. Delivery of Software services
3. Cloud and Data Centre deployments
4. Working with geographically dispersed cross-functional teams
Education: Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering or other technically related field is required.
Compensation: For a qualified professional, Oxygen8 is prepared to construct an attractive offer of employment to bring an executive of the calibre it seeks.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by emailing their CV and Cover Letter explaining their interest in the position and what they could bring to it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Chief Technology Officer. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that Oxygen8 East Africa Ltd will never request any form of payment from an applicant. Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with Oxygen8 East Africa Ltd prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.