If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Community Media Trust
is a media organization that develops community engagement strategies using participatory media and community communication principles, to support implementation of projects and programs. Community Media Trust creates relevant, community-friendly media content (film, radio, digital and print) that inspires, educates and entertains communities to achieve knowledge, behavioral and social impact.
Location - Kisumu, Nairobi
Using a training curriculum already developed for this project, the Media Trainers will work closely with the media producer and will be tasked with filmmaking, photography and media production training for Wezesha Dada project participants as well as developing regular content together with the participants.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer training in filmmaking (Cinematography, Editing, Lighting and Sound, Producing for TV and Video, Directing film techniques, Storytelling and Creative writing for video)
- Work closely with the project participants, Media Producer and Project Assistant in creating regular videos in regards to the project.
- Assist in Cinematography, Coordination and Editing of other Film productions being undertaken by CoMeT
- Be of Kenyan nationality
- Bachelors/Diploma in Film Production
- Proficiency in Editing using Adobe premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and other editing programs, Script development and Camera operations
- Proven ability to script, shoot and edit
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- In absence of a degree, minimum of 3 years’ continuous work experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- A great attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritization
- Team player, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner / Fast adaptor with high level of flexibility
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency
- Ability to pay attention to detail and meet strict deadlines
Method of Application
Interested individuals should email a fully filled application form : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Sa-vQjHwX_ZVRNM2dRS2hOVlU/view (this includes writing an essay of not more than 300 words outlining how you can harness media as a tool for social change and a CV (with 3 referees) to email@example.com by 15th February 2017. The email Subject Line must show the job title “Media Trainer - Nairobi” or “Media Trainer - Kisumu”
CoMeT is an equal opportunity employer and women candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for interviews.