Junior Agronomist Job at Yara International
Posted on: 6 February, 2017
Deadline: 18 February, 2017
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Yara International
At Yara our mission is to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet. This purpose together with the belief that knowledge grows and has the power to create positive global change is what guides our success and inspires more than 13,000 employees across the globe every day. Yara was founded in 1905 to solve an impending famine in Europe. A lot has changed since then. Today Yara provides crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers worldwide, who produce enough food to feed 240 million people. In 2015 alone, Yara has also helped its customers reduce 1.4 million tons of NOx emissions, which equates to more than the total annual emissions output of France. Yara really isn’t just a fertilizer and industrial company. It’s a company with 110 years of knowledge, helping solve some of the world’s most pressing challenges within food, environment and resource optimization.
- Provide both Technical and sales support in the assigned region
- Support local implementation of crop based road map and farmer segmentation; implement and monitor scientific trials
- Ensure commercial crop demonstrations are well established and monitored; analyse data from demos into concise results, develop farmer profitability models and share with farmers, commercial team and industry stakeholders
- Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts and prospect for new business in line with the annual business plan
- Manage Distributor, and end user relationships effectively to maximize sales and market share.
- Create demand for our products in the assigned region by training the customer sales teams on Yara products and competences
- Organize and coordinate field Days and exhibitions to develop Yara products.
- Provide customers with support in implementing effective crop nutritional programs for the key segments.
- A degree in Agriculture or related field.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in an Agronomy set up handling Sales
- Good grasp of Agronomic practices
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- A good geographical and cultural understanding of the assigned territory
- Valid driver’s license with an endorsement for riding a motorcycle.
- At least one year experience of riding a motorcycle
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Yara International career website on yara.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Yara InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Finance Officer at Komaza
- Commercial Director at Victory Farms
- Job Opportunities at Wanda Organic Limited (WOL)
- Job Opportunities at AAA Growers - 4 Positions
- Production Manager at Victory Farms
- Program Manager - Seeds at Syngenta
- Sales and Marketing Manager at Valentine Growers Limited
- Job Opportunities at Monsanto Company