At Alternate Doors
we pride ourselves on ensuring both the Employers and the job seekers get what they want in the most professional and efficient manner. ( HASSLE-FREE). As a client(Employer), we believe in ensuring we understand your business and your needs so that we can get the best candidates available for your business, and we will use any means necessary to deliver the best candidates. As a candidate(Job seeker), you will receive open, clear and professional advice and consultancy to ensure you are put forward for the right roles. We will be honest with you so that you are not ‘shoved in’ for a role you haven’t a hope of getting. Similarly, we won’t waste your time with roles that don’t match your profile.
- The human resource manager is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Develops and maintains OHSA program and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to OHSA.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all personnel and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program, employee relations counseling and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements.
- Develop and implement employee training and development programs.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Handle and represent the company in matters relating to external agencies including government officers, Union , FKE, NEMA e.t.c.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Human Resources Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Decision Making.
- Financial Management.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Required Education and Experience
1. A bachelor’s degree in HR
2. Five years of more in human resource experience
3. Membership in IHRM
4. Excellent computer skills
5. Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
6. Experience of dealing with senior management
7. Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
8. Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
9. Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
10. Strong understanding of employment law
11. A professional and commercial approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high employee satisfaction, appropriate development and reward for individuals.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Alternate Doors career website on talentboard.co.ke to apply