If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
With over 20 years’ of experience in the industry, our vision of being a regional leader in delivering an integrated human resource service and our mission of assisting our clients in realizing and reaching their goals and objectives through the right people has never shifted as we constantly seek to be the best company that we can be. We base our vision and mission on a foundation of four pillars that form our corporate brand identity and these are: Being Progressive – Always looking ahead and seeking solutions to tomorrow's problems, today. Personnel – We look to have and develop the right people to aid our organization and yours to take it to the next level. Excellence – We strive for excellence and show that through our commitments with our clients. Vibrancy – We realize that it is through a vibrant work environment that the best ideas are created. Our people are highly motivated, professional and performance driven and are keen to provide excellent services and always seek to exceed customers’ expectations. Our people are guided by our company’s core values of; People – For any true success to be attained, people are the vital building block. Success – Achieving success today is a platform for further success in the future. Partnership – Our partners are our network and we cannot survive without each other. Integrity – In business, integrity is a quality that is never undervalued. In line with our commitment to providing an excellent service, we partner with various professionals/consultants in the market, in order to provide quality expertise and profitable solutions for our clients. It is our experience over the past 20 years that has given us a handle of all kinds of assignments, with our unique combination of industry insight and high powered expertise that has enabled us to help optimize and transform the way our clients handled their Human Resources functions. Preferred Personnel Africa is not a completed product and is constantly evaluating the way it conducts business and looking for new ways to get work done as we seek to stay ahead of the curve and be a market leader within our industry. So how can PPA help you today?
The Assistant Business Manager will be required to travel to locations within Kenya, Tanzania and the broader region.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Business Manager Jobs in Kenya
Financial and Accounting Support
- Prepare financial and accounting reports in accordance with DGI and Duke Policies and procedures. Duties may include but will not be necessarily limited to the following:
- Ensuring all transactions are promptly and correctly captured.
- Ensuring that all accounting and corporate documentation is filed in accordance with Kenyan and internal organizational policy.
- Perform all accounting entries in QuickBooks
- Lead the month-end close process, including organizing, scanning and indexing all supporting documentation and the creation and maintenance of a monthly record.
- As requested by Duke grant managers and on their behalf, assist Duke grant managers in carrying out their obligations under prevailing DGI and Duke policies and procedures to evaluate whether sponsored program expenses are allowable, allocable and reasonable. Duties may include but will not necessarily be limited to the
- At the direction and request of the Duke grant managers, provide the initial review to ensure all sponsored program expenses incurred in Kenya and Tanzania are allowable, allocable, and reasonable. Communicate on an as needed basis with Duke Grant managers on the nature of the local expenses to confirm compliance with the sponsor terms.
- Support the DGI Business Manager to manage the finance and administration of Duke Projects in Kenya, Tanzania and the broader region in compliance with Duke Policies and procedures, in areas such as:
- Office Administration
- Segregation of duties
- Financial reporting
- Sourcing vendors
- Facilitating travel
- Training field staff
Qualifications for the Assistant Business Manager Jobs in Kenya
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- University degree in accounting, finance or related discipline is required.
- CPA section 4
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the accounting/finance field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ of financial or grant management experience working for a USAID or other US government funded projects is desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Excel. Working knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks is preferable.
- Strong English language skills (written and oral).
- Patience, willingness and enthusiasm to work as part of a team.
- Strong commitment to deadlines and controls.
- Experience implementing financial policies and procedures.
- Experience with applying Kenyan labor laws, employment practices and compliance requirements, including those related to payroll.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Preferred Personnel Africa Ltd career website on www.teamiq.com to apply