China Business Development Manager Job at Maersk Line
Posted on: 10 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Maersk Line
is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world
The position is a combination of Sales and Business Development, responsible for driving and delivering China business and sales targets in the Eastern Africa Cluster (EAC), while acting as a champion ensuring effective collaboration between China and EAC.
- Identify Africa business opportunities and support frontline sales to develop market and win Africa opportunities over competition.
- Collect, analyse and share Africa Market Intelligence to enhance EAC colleagues’ understanding on Africa market and make overseas colleagues gain more market knowledge of EAC.
- Bridge origin and destination offices to solve service issues for Africa business in EAC.
- Coordinate with TNM and align with CPH.
Deliver budgeted volume and revenue for Africa trades in EAC (for ML & SCL).
- Create, articulate and drive sales strategies for customer segments in EAC.
- Overall cluster RoFo for Africa
- Leverage understanding of China & EAC business environment to support development of the sales strategy.
- Interface with ML & SCL China organisation and Trade & Marketing in both China and EAC for new business opportunities.
- Develop local differentiators, and formulate a business plan to support target deliveries and sharper value propositions in EAC cluster.
- Ensure optimal activity management and account management to truly understand customers and their needs.
- Drive campaigns to generate a healthy pipeline and yield.
- Oversee the Cluster’s forecasting and budgeting processes to align with business goals.
- Any other China business related activity that would assist volumes to Eastern Africa.
- Make joint sales calls with sales representatives.
- Maintain senior relationships with top accounts.
- Contribute significantly towards achieving market share target for FEA Trade.
- Sharing Africa knowledge, origin destination liaison, Africa business development and market intelligence.
- Dual brand responsibility.
Who we are looking for
- Business degree or related field.
- Over 3 years’ experience in a commercial role.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, dealing with a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven sales and/or other management experience within shipping industry.
- Demonstrated results in business performance, leadership and organizational development.
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines and adapt to change.
- Ability to work in a flexible manner – out of hours as required.
- The ability to pay high attention to detail and deliver high quality work.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both Chinese and English.
- Ability to travel for meetings with various customers and business partners.
- Known & recognized for living APMM values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong people management and coaching skills.
- We, being an equal opportunity employer, are renowned for our dedicated and professional staff and global career opportunities.
- An exciting career opportunity focused on increasing our share of wallet through value selling.
- This role offers dynamics of improving on stakeholder relationships and management skill.
- You will create valuable relationships with stakeholders and work within a dynamic team in an international environment, with the opportunity to shape your own career through continuous development.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Maersk Line career website on jobsearch.maersk.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Maersk LineSimilar Jobs
- Depot Supervisors at APM Terminals - 2 Positions
- Documentation Manager at Panalpina Group
- Motorbike Rider at Tez Logistics Ltd
- Driver at Virgin Tours Ltd
- Job Opportunities at China Road and Bridge Corporation - 5 Positions