Acacia Mining is a gold mining business operating in Tanzania, with exploration properties in Kenya, Burkina Faso and Mali
As a sales representative, you will be responsible for identifying and introducing the product to potential customers, following up on leads generated by the company, and closing deals. Our primary customer targets are wood-burning private schools, public secondary schools, factories, hospitals, bakeries, and hotels.
This position is very independent, and requires a high degree of motivation and initiative. Acacia Innovations will assist you with marketing materials, company apparel, and a list of leads to contact. As the position is commission-only, you are responsible for the amount of income you want to make. Previously, sales representatives have made commissions of up to 28,000 ksh from a single customer order.
Institutional Sales Rep Job Duties & Responsibilities
Generate leads and educate potential customers about Kuni Safi.
- Identify schools, factories, hotels, hospitals and other with large consumption of firewood.
- Contact potential institutional customers by phone, email, or visit.
- Perform demonstrations of Kuni Safi briquettes (with assistance from Acacia Innovations’ Field Agent).
Actively solicit orders.
- Negotiate purchase orders according to the minimum pricing requirements.
- Ensure that all institutional customers understand the terms of the agreement and payment expectations.
- Secure orders and communicate all orders received to the company.
- Assist in the collection of payment as necessary.
Maintain thorough communication with Acacia Innovations staff and potential customers.
- Reply to all phone calls within 12 business hours.
- Check and respond to emails at least every 2 business days.
- Track all potential customers and closed deals on the templates provided by Acacia Innovations.
- Participate in weekly sales team meetings and communicate to the Sales Team Coordinator in advance if you have a conflict.
Qualifications for the Institutional Sales Rep Job
- Persuasive and proactive sales abilities
- Passion and natural talent for sales
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Team player who works well with others
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Interest in improving people’s lives and our environment
- 2+ years of outside sales experience preferred, but not required
- Mature candidates with extensive professional networks preferred
What We Offer:
- Flexibility to shape your own experience
- An opportunity to create professional contacts and interact with high-level decision makers through exhibitions, workshops and other energy sector forums
- Long-term job prospects, with opportunities for the top performers to receive a retainer and/or join as a salaried employee with benefits
- A chance to make a positive impact while generating significant income
Method of Application
Email firstname.lastname@example.org , subject: Sales Representative with:
- A cover letter describing your relevant experiences and skills and why you want to join Acacia Innovations Ltd.
- Your neighborhood/sub-county location (to determine potential sales territories)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)- no more than 2 pages long
- 2 professional references
Application Deadline: 20 February, 2017
For enquiries, call 0721 518 020.