Data Officer Job at Evidence Action
Posted on: 10 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Evidence Action
scales proven interventions that improve the lives of millions. We only implement cost-effective programs whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. We identify innovative, appropriate financing mechanisms and build best-practice operational models. We voraciously self-evaluate, learn, and improve our models for scaling effective interventions with a commitment to transparency, impact, and value for money.
- Support all aspects of School lists, School ids, Division/Ward lists, Sub County lists, Counties within the NSBD Programme, including controlling versions for distribution to other sub-/team members, and making sure they are up-to-date and consistent in all records including in the MIS records.
- Support the process of receiving, logging, checking and processing of all data coming in from the National School Based Deworming Programme in Kenya.
- Actively implement and maintain the tracking system of all forms received at the Programme secretariat and initiate the necessary actions in the event of failure to receive the forms on the expected dates.
- Support the system of processing and dispatching data to the data entry vendor and ensure that the data is entered as per the agreed upon schedule and priorities
- Under take data entry and data cleaning tasks as required under the direction of the Associate Data Processing.
- Support, and, in some cases, supervise data processing consultants.
- Provide bi-weekly update of forms received and communicate any discrepancies of forms received by the program team from those recorded by MLIS
- Ensure all treatment, planning and attendance forms received are serialized, arranged and well stored in safe cabinets.
- Help oversee form scrutiny by either internal Evidence Action staff or casual hired for this purpose
- Other additional responsibilities that might be assigned to him/her by the Senior Associate
Key performance Indicators
- Produce bi-weekly report of Form received by MLIS and update Senior Associate on the missing forms.
- Successful completion of Data Entry of NSBDP as well as other paper data.
Qualifications for the Data Entry Jobs in Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, statistics computer science or any other quantitative field
- Minimum 1 year experience in data entry or data management
- Strong familiarity with statistical software packages such as Stata, R, SPSS, SAS etc. with the ability to learn and adapt to new programs (experience with Stata is highly preferred)
- Well versed with Excel and a strong desire to learn advanced Excel
- Extensive experience with data entry interfaces such as Epidata, CSPro, Access, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with a team that is geographically dispersed
- Self-directed/self-motivating personality, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple supervisors while adhering to program deadlines and priorities
- Quick to learn, motivated to self-teach and capable of independently translating new knowledge into practice.
- S/he should be have, goal oriented and have high attention to details
- In addition, this position requires a candidate to:
- Have a strong commitment to evidence-based practice and policy in the development field
- Be enthusiastic to develop personally and professionally as part of a growing global team
- Possess a strong attention to detail and a genuine love of working with data.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Evidence Action career website on evidenceaction.bamboohr.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Evidence ActionSimilar Jobs
- Compliance Manager Job at Amref
- Career Opportunities at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Logistics / Security Manager Job at Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Chief Accountant Job at Caritas Nyeri
- Area Manager, Africa Job at Entrepreneurs' Organization
- Assistant Administrative Officer Job at Action Africa Help International (AAH-I)
- Management Sciences for Health
- Administrative Assistant Job at UNSOS - United Nations Support Office in Somalia