He/She will work under the authority of GardaWorld Regional Director and/or Manager in charge of EU projects. Under their guidance, he/she will perform the following tasks:
- Establishing and maintaining a network of relevant human sources of information, local as well as international, such the security services of the European Union, member states, UNDSS, NGOs, host country government security forces, other foreign diplomatic missions etc.;
- Establishing and maintaining an open source intelligence capability (media monitoring / Google alerts etc.);
- Security information processing and assessment capability to identify, monitor and assess threats and hazards to the EOM;
- Dissemination of relevant information to EU EOM members and observers;
- Providing travel clearance and advice for observers based on threat/risk assessments;
- Establishing and maintaining a system for tracking observer movement;
- Establishing and maintaining a security warden system;
- Preparing a security plan that includes hibernation, relocation and evacuation, including medical and casualty evacuation out of country;
- Developing and distributing a security handbook;
- Organizing a security induction briefing covering the country’s specific health, safety and security challenges;
- Organizing pre-deployment training for all mission members (CT, LTO, STO, LSTO, EP delegation), including on the use of satellite phone and first-aid training;
- Establishing and maintaining an emergency response log;
- Providing security equipment relevant to the mission;
- Drafting security daily and weekly reports;
- Ensuring that mission drivers have received adequate training on defensive driving;
- Establishing and maintaining a mission specific security level system, identifying no-go areas;
- Establishing and maintaining a security incident database that also covers election related violence;
- Requesting escorts from government security forces if and when required.
Please note: any Information provided shall be used by GardaWorld to evaluate your qualifications for engaging as a contractor.
Presentation of falsified credentials or false statements can lead to termination of any engagement (or future engagement) with the company.