Finance Internship Opportunity at International Rescue Committee
Posted on: 11 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee
is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
IRC Somalia is working to achieve optimal performance in terms of program quality strengthening operations and finance department by emerging tools, systems and staff capacity to adhere to IRC policies and procedures and donor compliance.
- Maintain both Kshs. and USD petty cash at the set limits; take responsibility of any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that all petty cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensuring that authorisations on the payments requests are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart.
- Prepare the petty cash spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by the FM prior to upload in SUN system.
- Devise a cash replenishment schedule to minimize weekly bank visits.
- Ensure all cash received is duly receipted and coded and promptly banked.
- Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorised receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
- Prior to filing, ensure that all document have been stamped 'PAID' including the cash payment reference no. details.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers.
- Preparation of excel and SUN journals, ensuring these are fully supported and ready for review by 17th by the FC/CD.
Accounting & Reporting
- Assist in Preparation of Monthly Balance Sheet schedules as assigned. Make sure all items in the balance sheet account are current and can be supported. Follow-up on any adjustments to be made.
- Assist in the preparation of accruals at grant close out.
- Preparation of corrective journals and assisting in loading of journals as and when required.
Tax and statutory deductions
- Ensure that Withholding tax remittance is done by the 20th of the month following deduction.
- Ensure that the withholding tax certificates are issued on monthly basis in a timely manner.
- Ensure that PAYE, NSSF and NHIF is remitted by the 9th of the next month.
- Ensure that all other payroll deductions (HELB, Life Insurance, and Pension) are remitted to the respective institutions by the 9th of the next month.
- Providing adequate support as required by auditors, other departments and third parties in the retrieval of required documents.
- Ensuring donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operations
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure that all petty cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement. Performing supervised petty cash counts every Friday while ensure adequate cash at all times.
- Ensure Tax, statutory and other payroll deductions are submitted in time
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all petty cash vouchers
- Assisting during the month end close out and other accounting procedures in the department.
- Minimum CPA II qualification. University degree is an added advantage
Required Experience & Competencies
- Knowledge in Excel and other computer applications
- Proficiency in SUN accounting software applications is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee career website on chm.tbe.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Rescue CommitteeSimilar Jobs
- Field Coordinator at Israaid
- Team Leader at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Job Openings at Living Goods - 2 Positions
- Job Vacancy at Ipas Africa
- Regional Youth Advisor at Save the Children
- Job Vacancy at Integrity Global
- Replication Manager at Village Enterprise
- Job Vacancy at Vétérinaires Sans Frontières Germany