The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
Established in 1863, the ICRC operates worldwide, helping people affected by conflict and armed violence and promoting the laws that protect victims of war. An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We are based in Geneva, Switzerland, and employ some 14,500 people in more than 80 countries. The ICRC is funded mainly by voluntary donations from governments and from national Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Workshop Manager Job Responsibilities
- Management of the ICRC vehicle fleet in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti in line with ICRC standards and procedures;
- Responsible for the maintenance of generators in offices and residences of Kenya;
- Manage, Supervise and organize shifts for workshop staff as well as carry out administrative activities independently ;
- Supervise and coordinate the technical support and provide field support if required;
- Establish and maintain an accurate and updated job card based maintenance plan for the whole fleet and the repair of other logistics assets;
- Operate and maintain ICRC standard and fleet computer system, electronic spare parts catalogue;
- Ensure physical security of all sites and train workshop staff in proper and safe handling of tools and workshop equipment;
- Provides all fleet reports/records related to the fleet & workshop performance as requested;
- Trains fleet staff on new technical aspects such as diagnostic, repair, maintenance techniques and ICRC administrative procedures;
The Requirements for the Workshop Manager Job
- Holder of a Degree in mechanical/automotive engineering from a recognized university;
- Minimum 4 years work experience as a workshop manager or supervisor at a large workshop;
- Valid driving license (DL in heavy commercial vehicles is an added advantage);
- Certificate of good conduct
- Advanced Computer Skill;
- Excellent command of English;
- High sense of integrity;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and make decisions;
- Flexible and proactive;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Team player with excellent leadership skills;
Method of Application
Interested persons with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application to Human Resources Office on the address or e-mail below, on or before 28th February 2017. Please include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, current and expected remuneration and contact details of three referees.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
International Committee of the
Red Cross, Logistics Centre,
P.O. Box 34071, Nairobi, 00100(GPO), Kenya: email@example.com