The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat
, is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The Urban Economy Branch of UN-Habitat has the mandate to promote local capabilities of local governments to develop financial instruments to keep pace with the demands of rapid urbanization. The Urban Economy Branch has the mandate to promote plans and provide support for more efficient, socially inclusive, better integrated and connected cities that foster sustainable urban development.
Responsibilities for the Campaign Consultant Job
- On the basis of the above, the Consultant is required to mobilize partners through outreach campaign activities.
- Under the overall supervision of the Advocacy, Outreach and Communication Branch Coordinator and WUC Project Leader, the consultant will provide support to the project in the following tasks:
- Prepare campaign materials for dissemination, in particular, strengthening communication among WUC members using social media tools, web posts, mailing.
- Liaising with WUC Partners and Members in order to obtain information to prepare the above campaign materials.
- Update the calendar of WUC partners and related events.
- Assist in preparing campaign events, working closely with the AOC Events and Outreach Unit, substantive units and partner organizations.
- Maintaining databases of partners and mailing lists of partners.
- Prepare and update an Thinkers Thinkers Campus (UTC) page on the WUC website for uploading/managing all UTC information (events information and announcements, on-line reports).
- Provide support to UTC hosts in terms of communication through the WUC website and direct email communication.
- Upload all materials on the WUC website.
- Disseminate all partners inputs through a monthly newsletter.
Campaign Consultant Job Requirements
- University degree in Management and Communication or related areas.
- The consultant should have at least two years of experience in information and communication management.
- Written command of English and French a requirement. Spanish is considered an advantage.
Method of Application
Applications should include:
- Cover memo or motivation letter (maximum 1 page)
- Summary CV (maximum 2 pages), indicating the following information:
- Educational Background (incl. dates)
- Professional Experience (assignments, tasks, achievements, duration by years/ months)
- Other Experience and Expertise (e.g. Internships/ voluntary work, etc.)
- Expertise and preferences regarding location of potential assignments
- Expectations regarding remuneration
UN Personal History Form (please use the United Nations standard personal history form available upon request or via: http://www.unhabitat.org/content.asp?typeid=24&catid=435&id=3867) Proof of relevant work (at least two) Please be advised that since April 15th 2010, applicants for consultancies must be part of the UN-HABITAT e-Roster in order for their application to be considered. You can reach the e-Roster through the following link: http://e-roster.unhabitat.org
All applications should be submitted to: Christine Auclair UN-Habitat – P.O. Box 30030 Nairobi 00100, Kenya Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please also copy email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 16 February 2017 UN-HABITAT does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org