If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A leading expert on the unique and extreme challenges that scarcity of human capital in Africa poses, African Management Services Company (AMSCO)
has been providing human capital solutions to African industries for more than 25 years. We work with a wide variety of clients ranging from private and public investors, SMEs and large companies through to industry associations and governmental organizations with a vision to grow African businesses - assist them to become globally competitive, profitable and sustainable. AMSCO grew out of the African Training and Management Services Project (ATMS), a joint initiative of International Finance Corporation (IFC), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and African Development Bank (AfDB). Specialties Talent Management (Management Placement and Recruitment), Capacity Development (Training), Technical Assistance Programmes
Purpose of the Role:
To maintain and enhance the company's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
HR Related Duties:
- Overall responsible for all operational HR activities for the company. Total employees are around 210 (55 office based, 100 drivers and co-drivers, and 55 field staff)
- Ensure all of company's HR policies and rules comply with all national regulations and best practices followed in the industry. Document company's HR policy in a HR manual
- Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff as follows:
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with polices and procedures
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
- Provide staff orientations
- Access funding for training and write proposals
- Monitor staff performance and attendance activities as follows:
- Monitor daily attendance
- Investigate and understand causes for staff absences.
- Recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties.
- Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles.
- Provide advice and recommendations on disciplinary actions.
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Inform affected staff or residents of unexpected absences from work and coordinate actions ensuring the continuity of services
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff as follows:
- Provide advice and assistance to supervisors on staff recruitment
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates
- Prepare, develop and implement procedures and policies on staff recruitment
- HSSEQ / EHS related duties:
- Ensure that company's HSSEQ and EHS policies are implemented and staff sensitized to the same
- Prepare monthly and annual HSSEQ and EHS reports for the company
Administration Related Duties
- Supports operations by supervising staff; planning, organizing, and implementing administrative systems.
- Provides supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom, and kitchen; establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices.
- Purchases printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Holder of a Bachelor's degree from a recognized University in Human Resource Management or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing HR Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of local HR Laws and procedures is a must
- Must be skilled and proficient in MS package & Payroll software
- People management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A good listener and Manager of personal resources, time and a critical thinker & doer.
- MUST Have Proven experience in FMCG
- A team player willing to work with minimum supervision.
- Be a person of integrity with high morals and professional ethical values.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task between various briefs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Management Services Company (AMSCO) career website on www.placementpartner.co.za to apply