Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Position: Reporting to the Managing Director KCB Bank South Sudan, the position holder will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in the IT technical function including IT services management; training & development of IT team.
The role holder will be accountable for innovation, implementation and support of IT infrastructure, applications and existing systems in the Subsidiary ensuring best practice in accordance to IT principles, policies and procedures.
Ensure that the problems reported from Business Units regarding the identified IT products and IT systems are resolved with minimum interruption to client service and business operations.
- Provides user support for all aspects of computerised systems including monitoring performance of systems and auxiliary equipment, training of users; trouble-shooting on basic problems related to hardware, software, and auxiliary equipment of stand-alone or networked systems, and working with contractors /suppliers to resolve the more complex technical problems.
- Establishes and sets quality service standards to respond to internal and external client’s inquiries, requests, and issues related to IT.
- Sets and takes corrective action against significant deviations from set IT service quality standards.
- Evaluates, monitors, and controls department and staff performance against agreed performance standards and taking corrective action against significant deviations.
- Ensures that Bank is in compliance with established IT policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
- Identifies IT requirements and ensures that all IT function and activities are fully resourced, budgeted for and their performance managed to adequately support Bank’s.
- Assists all branches and other departments in resolving IT inquiries
- Participates in various internal Board and Management Committees as assigned by Senior Management.
- Oversees the documentation and application of sound and up to date IT principles and ensures compliance with local banking and finance legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- In close co-ordination with Head of Finance, and Head of Internal Audit, ensures that all IT aspects comply with Central Bank regulations.
- Sets up, tests, and maintains IT Disaster Recovery Plans, policies and procedures.
- Negotiates terms and conditions for purchases and provides ongoing support with computer hardware, software, telecommunication, and power.
- Acts as a consultant to Management and all users in all matters relating to IT, applications system improvements, enhancements or changes by remaining current with organization’s technological requirements and new developments in the industry.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science / IT Engineering or Business IT
- Certified in Project Management/ MCSE/CCNA/ ITIL
- Master’s degree in Information Technology/ Management Information System will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a dynamic IT environment, of which one must have been in a management role with hands on experience in;
- System Support management
- IT Service management
- IT Infrastructure
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in General Banking and Project Management
- A good communicator with great problem solving skills; demonstrates strong planning and organizing abilities.
Method of Application
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org .
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 24th February, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic & Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable