Webapps Software Developer Job at Tracom
Posted on: 14 February, 2017
Deadline: 17 February, 2017
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Tracom
Tracom Services Limited is a Kenyan microfinance software company. It aims to “assist companies and organizations by developing cost-effective customized applications which enable them to streamline their daily operations”. Tracom is comprised of four board members and over eighteen staff members as of 2013.
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications.
Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
- Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
- Work with a team of software engineers to ensure the project is delivered on time and within client specifications
- Designs, codes, tests, debug, and documents software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to junior software engineers
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the team
- Effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Drive a quality mindset within the team
- 2-3 years Java/Spring Framework experience
- Experience building cloud based web services
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Experience with automated unit testing technologies (Such as JUnit, Spock, or similar)
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related experience
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Java –Very strong Java developer
- Sound understanding of design patterns and OOP as well as their implementation in real world applications
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Good understanding of SQL and Oracle , relational database modeling and design
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Independent/go-getter attitude to keep yourself well-versed with new evolving technologies in application development landscape and be able to define how some of them can help in improving the work you are a part of now or in future
- Experience with all aspects of web application development
Method of Application
If you qualify for the above mentioned position kindly send your cv to email@example.com on or before 17th February 2017.
Please do not send your cv if you do not match the criteria above.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about TracomSimilar Jobs
- Consultant at Temenos Group
- Sales Associates at mSurvey
- Intern at Safaricom
- Sales Director at Centrix Africa
- Job Opening at Visa
- Job Openings at Angaza
- E-Commerce Executive at Virtual HR
- Job Vacancies at Dynasoft Business Solutions