Business Development Manager Job at Jambojet
Posted on: 14 February, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at Jambojet
Jambojet is a new low-cost airline set to revolutionize the way you travel by opening up the skies for all to fly for less. We aim to provide affordable air travel because flying really is for everyone.
The main responsibility for the Business Development Manager is to develop, implement and manage the company's ancillary revenue strategy. This role will champion new and existing ancillary products to drive incremental revenue and customer experience improvements
- Develop and implement Jambojet growth strategy in line with the overall commercial strategy.
- Define and deliver an ancillary product roadmap with financial targets and actions.
- Work collaboratively with technology providers, business leadership, and key internal and external stakeholders to define and deliver the ancillary service.
- Brand, position and market the various ancillary products to the identified market segments.
- Work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders across the business to monitor and control all ancillary revenue streams against the budget on a daily and monthly basis.
- Conduct complete analysis by evaluation and documentation of business cases, business processes and new system requirements for new ancillaries, oversee and be responsible for implementing these services in all Distribution Channels.
- Lead ancillary discussions with third parties to establish clear strategies for ancillary evolutions.
- Monitor and analyze ancillary usage levels to identify trends and opportunities to introduce new ancillary services that are relevant to the market.
- Lead the project team (web, sales, Revenue management & IT) to develop, implement and test ancillary services across all distribution platforms to ensure seamless user experience.
- Identifying, manage and monitor potential partners while building and maintaining the day-to-day relationships with suppliers.
- Review and negotiate contract agreements with different suppliers, while involving the legal department to ensure Jambojet interests are covered.
- Through the creation of reporting and monitoring mechanisms, as well as following market developments and benchmark competitor offers, he/she will analyse existing revenue streams and identify future opportunities
- Sets up tools and systems to measure and manage the business more effectively, track competition and identify opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in a Business related field required.
- Thorough understanding of the commercial side of the airline industry – low cost or legacy carrier.
- Must have a solid knowledge of IT systems, platforms and software in the airline industry.
- At least 3-5 year experience in the travel industry.
- Experience in managing ancillaries a plus.
- Strong Commercial Orientation
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Previous experience in managing third party vendor and internal services is essential.
- Ideally, the candidate must have worked on ancillary revenue in another airline or related business.
- Proven ability to negotiate and work within a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent people management skills, proven negotiation and leadership capability.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jambojet career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about JambojetSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Kenya Airways
- Career Opportunities at Qatar Airways - 4 Positions