provides companies with access to the top 1% of global tech talent. We identify high-potential developers on the African continent, shape them into world-class technical leaders, and pair them with companies as full-time, distributed team members. Accelerate your product roadmap while minimizing time spent interviewing, on-boarding, and training new hires. Andela is backed by investors including Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Susa Ventures, Steve Case, Founder Collective, Learn Capital and more. Learn more about us at www.andela.com. Specialties
About the Consultant Manager role
The Consultant Manager will lead, motivate and manage Andela’s Senior Technical Consultants and will aid in ensuring that Andela's Success team balances the needs of Consultants, Fellows and Clients. She/he is passionate about Andela’s mission and technology and is able to remain flexible and wear many hats to help meet the growing and changing needs of a start up.
This position is full-time based at Andela’s office in Nairobi, Kenya or Lagos, Nigeria.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To coordinate the schedules of the Senior Technical Consultants.
- To ensure that all engagements are being run appropriately by the Senior Technical Consultants.
- To keep the Director of Success and other stakeholders apprised of all current engagements and their status.
- Motivate and develop the Senior Technical Consultants, both individually and collectively, by providing insights and advice on how best to manage their time as well as point out areas where they need to improve.
- To resolve all problems as they arise by preparing solutions thereto and, where appropriate, liaising with the Director of Success for approval.
- To ensure that Senior Technical Consultants meet their KPIs which include:
- Conducting technical assessments of Andela developers.
- Organizing and facilitating workshops to enhance Andela developers:
- technical concepts in order to improve technical competency.
- soft skills in order to improve their work and client relationships.
- Serving as mentors to Andela developers in order to enable them to scale through difficulties in understanding specific technologies or issues faced with peers or clients regarding soft skills.
- Speaking at events in order to promote Andela
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in team operations
- Extremely well-organized, with strong attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with remote staff.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to converse with all levels of the organization
- Strong logistical management and analytics skills
- Strong proficiency with Google Apps: Calendar, Hangouts, Docs, Sheets
- Strong motivator, driven to achieve personal and team targets.
- Strong coaching skills and capability to develop a team.
- Be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply