The Fred Hollows Foundation is a non-profit aid organization based in Australia and founded in 1992 by eye surgeon Fred Hollows. The Foundation focuses on treating and preventing blindness and other vision problems.
Essential criteria includes:
- Advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, economics, statistics, with an emphasis on applied research, knowledge management or related area, and a strong data analysis training
- 7+ years’ of monitoring and evaluation experience, developing data collection instruments, establishing database systems, tracking performance against targets, conducting assessments and surveys, analyzing data collected, and using data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated expertise in monitoring and evaluation of health programs, and/or pharmaceutical systems-related interventions
- Experience conducting implementation research and developing systems for translating lessons-learned into practice highly desirable
- Experience in working with one of the following statistical packages: SPSS, SAS or Epi Info
- High degree of judgment, maturity, ingenuity and originality to interpret strategy, to analyze, develop and present work results, and to monitor and evaluate implementation of programs
- Familiarity and knowledge of working with donor organizations and development partners.
- Familiarity with the Kenyan government health systems.
- International representation experience.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
This is an exciting time to join The Fred Hollows Foundation Kenya as we seek to deliver even greater impact and enhance our ability to accomplish our vision.
Fluency in written and spoken English as well as the ability to travel domestically and internationally will also be essential.
Method of Application
Applications should be made via the online application form and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the 'experience, skills & attributes' section of the Job Description as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Interested and qualified? Go to The Fred Hollows Foundation career website on aurecruitment.actionhrm.com to apply