At Living Goods
we empower people to improve the health of their families, friends and communities. Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ health entrepreneurs who go door to door to teach families how to improve their health and wealth and sell life-changing products such as simple treatments for malaria and diarrhea, safe delivery kits, fortified foods, clean cook stoves, water filters, and solar lights. By combining the best practices from business and public health, we are dramatically lowering child mortality AND creating livelihoods for thousands of enterprising women.
Locations: Western, Rift valley and Nyanza Regions, Kenya
If you are a natural entrepreneur who loves creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, you could be Living Goods’ next Branch Manager!
Living Goods supports a network of over 2,000 micro-entrepreneurs in Uganda and Kenya who teach families in their communities how to improve health and well-being while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights. As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.
To be successful in this role you must be able to motivate others, have strong business skills, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar for how a social enterprise can improve health impacts in a sustainable way.
- Agent Support and Motivation
- Motivate agents in-field to achieve health and sales targets. Work to support strong performers, to increase effectiveness of medium performers, and increase or remove poor performers.
- Ensure all CHVs are delivering impact in the communities both through remote checks and through in-field checks (esp. diagnosis and treatment)
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support CHVs sales goals.
- Lead monthly meeting of agents.
- Operations Management
- Manage Branch team members, ensuring performance
Manage Branch Financial Operations And Ensure That The Books Balance
- Cash matches sales on a daily basis.
- Manage and maintain inventory.
- Manage operations to keep costs as low as possible.
- Manage relations between the implementing partner organizations.
- Work closely with the Ministry of Health and the County Government.
- Diploma in Business, Public Health or equivalent;
- University degree in Public Health, Art or equivalent is an added advantage
- Minimum 2 Years Experience In Health/community Related Work.
- Business related degree or diploma a plus.
- Management experience a must.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
- Life at Living Goods
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on livinggoods.applytojob.com to apply