Honey Care Africa
has a rich history as a pioneer of both the honey industry in Africa and enterprise in general. We have an exciting future as we lead Africa into the global honey and healthy snacks market. Honey care’s purpose is pervasive in everything we do. Every day we live out our vision, our mission and our values. OUR VISION, MISSION & CORE VALUES VISION: To be Africa’s most trusted healthy snacking company, utilising a sustainable supply chain that benefits rural communities from every product purchased. MISSION: To build a portfolio of high quality and affordable pure, natural, authentic honey-based snacks that consumers love. We contribute to economic development by increasing rural farming families’ incomes through a sustainable supply chain producing high quality honey and agricultural outputs, which we buy at fair market prices. CORE VALUES QUALITY: We believe that our clients are our best advertisement. We endeavour to only offer the best possible quality products with the aim to create memorable experiences. INTEGRITY: This is the foundation of our culture and our people and is the responsibility we require of ourselves both in words and actions. TEAMWORK: This is the collective responsibility we require from our team to offer optimal solutions, with a focus on achieving common goals. RESPECT: We value and respect our partners, farmers, and customers and thus are unrelenting in our pursuit for new ways to appreciate them.
To ensure the smooth running of the production process, to ensure that all products are produced to the specified specifications.
Target and deadlines are met to achieve the orders. To ensure that all direct staff complies with the company’s Health and Safety procedures .The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with significant opportunities to grow with us as we grow across the region.
The position would be suitable for someone with experience managing food industry.
Shift Supervisor Job Key Responsibilities
- To take full responsibility of the shift in terms of management of staff, management of production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- To take full responsibility of the products that is produced within the shift in line with the company’s quality systems, processes and procedures
- Monitor measure and report on production related process performance, general issues
- To ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of staff
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shift and all matters relating to this are dealt with using the resources within the company in line with the companies Health and Safety policy
- Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand
- To work closely with other Supervisors to ensure production handovers are effective communications tools
- To have an active role in the companies continuous improvement plan to achieve plans for future growth within the company
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- All employees are responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs
- Be able to make appropriate decisions while following the companies organisational structure
- Maintaining high level of timekeeping is of the essence
Qualifications for the Shift Supervisor Job
- Diploma in Food Science, Engineering or related field is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in a FMCG company
- Ability to lead, motivate and mentor large teams of hourly associates is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards.
- Strong analytical/critical thinking
- Strong accountability, consistency and follow-through skills
- Ability to work effectively
- Good administrative and computer skills
Method of Application
If you are interested in being part of the team to turn HCA in to a market leader, please send your CV/resume and covering letter indicating your expected salary to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
Please note that only candidates submitting a complete CV/resume and coving letter will be considered.
Starting date is as soon as possible and as such the position will remain open until filled. Applicants are highly encouraged to apply ASAP.