If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Marie Stopes International is an international non-governmental organisation providing contraception and safe abortion services in 37 countries around the world. Marie Stopes International as an organisation lobbies in favour of access to abortion, and provides a variety of sexual and reproductive healthcare services including advice, vasectomies, and abortions in the UK and other countries where it is legal to do so.
In 2015 there were an estimated 21 million women around the world using a method of contraception provided by Marie Stopes International provided. The contraception and safe abortion services that the organisation provided in 2015 averted 6.3 million unintended pregnancies, 4 million unsafe abortions and 18,100 maternal deaths.
The organisation's core services include family planning; safe abortion and post-abortion care; maternal and child health care, including safe delivery and obstetrics; diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections; and HIV/AIDS prevention.
This post reports to the Senior Administrator (People and Development) and is responsible for recruitment of new team members to the Marie Stopes Family.
The role is responsible for the development of recruitment process and implementation of recruitment on boarding of new team members to enable the strategic engagement of human resources in excellent sexual and reproductive health operations through: planning, recruitment, selection, remuneration, development and retention with policy and practice that result in high quality performance by excellent staff.
Stationed within the People and development the post is part of a team that provides oversight and active support to all teams, in order to enhance consistency, quality, and efficiency while ensuring that systems, policies and procedures are adhered to.
Reporting to: Senior Administrator, People & Development
Probationary Period: 3 months
Contract Type: 2 years with a possibility of extension
Marie Stopes Kenya is an NGO registered in Kenya. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver safe abortion, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women.
We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further our Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individuals right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE
The post holder commits to and is held accountable to Marie Stopes International global core values: mission driven, customer focused, results orientated, pioneering, sustainable and people centered
Key Responsibilities and Measures
- Recruitment sourcing
- Vacancy Coordination
- Compliance and New Starter Administration
- General Team support
- Establish recruitment requirement using information from various department
- Build applicant sources e.g. employment agencies, media, website
- Determine applicants requirements by studying Job description and qualification
- Attract applicants by posting job advertisements on the various sources
- Recruitment plans
- Data base of job sources
- JDs available for all positions
- Support managers in drafting JDs and providing templates and advise as required
- Coordinate process of vacancy approval via the requisition form, ensuring the necessary approvals are given before advertising
- Short listing and long listing candidates for interviews
- Setting up of interviews, calling of candidates, sending invites to the interview panel.
- Inform all applicants of the progress of their application in writing
- Creating and updating a data base and tracking system of both vacancies and applicants
- Liaise with external recruitment to source candidates for hard to fill roles
- JD templates availed to line managers
- Fully signed recruitment forms
- Balanced interview panel
- Written rejection letters
- Interview summary /notes
Compliance and New Starter Administration
- Ensure all necessary pre-employment checks are done
- Undertake reference and background checks including criminal checks for successful applicants.
- Prepare interview summaries and noted for all inteviews
- Responsible for all recruitment filing i.e. application forms and interview notes.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for recruitment events when required
- Coordinate an effective induction program by consulting the different departments
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meeting, and increase college awareness of the organization
- Consistent communication to all applicants
- Systematic filing
- Calendar of events availed
- On boarding pack/checklist
- Induction programme
Provides General Team support in Training and Administration
- Collate departmental non clinical training needs
- Coordinating the training committees by arranging for meetings and taking minutes
- Prepare training schedules and progress reports
- Enter training data in HR master
- Supporting probation reviews and contract renewals by ensuring probation reviews alerts are forwarded and tracking the completing of the reviews by line managers
- Generate monthly reports on recruitment
- In charge of the intern programme
- Training needs report
- Training committee minutes
- Training schedules
- Data available for line managers
- Tracking reports
- Up to date contracts
- Recruitment reports
Knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration
- Professional qualification in Human Resources Development
- Membership with IHRM
- Minimum three year work experience especially in an INGO
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Proven local and international procurement ability
- Ability to work with suppliers and build long term competitive supply relationships
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Attitude / Motivation: Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others.
There are 13 key behaviours that MSI encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Focus on Learning
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Method of Application
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: email@example.com on or before 24th February 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “People and Development Recruitment Officer”