Soko produces innovative, handcrafted jewelry and accessories from sustainable materials in Nairobi, Kenya. Our mission is to transform ethical fashion from a niche player in the global fashion industry to a meaningful and competitive sourcing and purchasing option for global brands and individual consumers alike.
The eCommerce Customer Service Officer will report to the eCommerce Project Manager and partners with key stakeholders to ensure that Soko is providing the highest level of customer service. He/she will serve as a liaison between Soko and our online consumers by providing timely resolutions and clearly documenting and communicating customer feedback and experience. This position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of customer success systems and processes in order to achieve superior customer satisfaction and meet company service metrics.
Customer Service Job Responsibilities
- Provide clear and timely customer support responses using Customer Success Tools
- Work in conjunction with other departments and U.S. fulfillment center to resolve customer disputes.
- Effectively communicate issues, needs and opportunities with eCommerce Project Manager
- Proactively identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks.
- Develop and maintain systems for customer feedback
- Receive “walk-in” customers, i.e. show products, cash sales
- Process credits and exchanges
- Data Entry
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications for the Customer Service Job
- International experience- through studies or work
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business
- Have a helpful and friendly customer service focused attitude.
- Familiar with eCommerce Platforms (i.e. Shopify, Magento, etc.)
- An ability to connect and engage with our valued eCommerce consumers
- Excellent writing, editing, verbal & presentation skills
- Thrive in goal-oriented fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a cross-cultural context
- Comfortable building relationships cross-departmentally
- Superior management skills, including the ability to advocate for and manage priorities
- Team oriented innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results
- A passion for Soko’s mission, vision, and accomplishments
Method of Application
If interested in this amazing opportunity, passionate to innovate and grow within emerging markets while having fun, send you cv and a motivation letter to email@example.com with the subject title eCommerce Customer Service Officer