If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Base Titanium Limited
is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Australian and UK-listed resources company, Base Resources Limited (ASX and AIM: BSE). Its flagship development is the Kwale Mineral Sands Project in Kwale County, 50km south of Mombasa. Base is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people. Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya since 1911 and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful development of the project.
As a member of the EAD department, you will be required to lead the public relations functions of the external affairs office to promote the Base brand, both internally and externally.
Public Relations Officer Job Responsibilities
- Administration and maintenance of the Base Titanium website and social media platform
- Production of the quarterly Usemi Wetu newsletter and the internal Base Drum as well as other PR materials
- Development of branding materials such as advertorials, handouts and presentations
- Contributing to and managing regulatory reporting obligations, including export permits
- Managing the photo library
- Maintaining and developing networks with various media houses to ensure PR opportunities are realised
- Oversight of corporate styling and ensuring branding guidelines are adhered to for all documentation
- Coordination of the EAD office including travel arrangements and meeting schedules
- Drafting of external correspondence and filing of incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Coordination of external visits such as board and investor visits, including itineraries, travel and accommodation
- Arranging in-house and external events and other functions
- Undertaking university group and other external site tours
Qualifications for the Public Relations Officer Job
- Proficiency in the application of Adobe Creative Suite, including Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Creative graphics and design capability
- Excellent computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience of website administration
- Demonstrable flair for photography and photo editing
- Demonstrated capabilities in designing and compiling company newsletters
- Excellent writing skills across various genres including a demonstrated ability to write and illustrate reports on company events
- Proven experience in event management and coordination including the ability to design, set up and manage conferences and exhibition displays
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to work in a diverse team environment
- An ability to arrange and manage travel itineraries
Method of Application
If you believe you have the appropriate skills and want to work for this progressive organization, we encourage you to apply online no later than 3rd March 2017.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the above points. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an assessment and panel interview.
Interested and qualified? Go to Base Titanium Limited career website on www.teamiq.com to apply