Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
is a non-profit organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems. In close partnership with decision makers — the policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors working with the poor around the world — IPA designs and evaluates potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations, the most rigorous evaluation method available.
About the Role: The Procurement Assistant under the general supervision of the Procurement Associate and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies and procedures, helps coordinate and facilitate the procurement activities, functions and processes.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Procurement Assistant, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Procurement Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaises with IPAK employees to determine their product and service needs
- Propose possible service/product vendors for categories not listed on the IPAK Prequalified Supplier List with the aim of sharing RFQ’s in line with the IPA-K procurement policy guidelines
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for IPAK
- Carry out periodic market surveys to ensure services and goods procured for IPA are competitively priced.
- Review, Prepare and share approved Purchases Orders with suppliers
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of requisitioned goods
- Perform general clerical duties such as maintaining procurement files, typing & data entry
- Provide support with internal procurement inquiries from projects
- Correspond with vendors regarding price, product availability, delivery terms & requisite documents required for payment process.
- Respond to inquiries regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts & pricing information
- Attend to any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in procurement or supplies chain management or its equivalent – (though degree preferred)
- Knowledge of supply chain, procurement procedures and familiarity with the Public Procurement & Disposal Act.
- Proven experience in a similar position an added advantage.
- Previous experience in providing remote support is highly desirable
- Flexible, motivated and ability to persistently drive issues to closure
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and communicate with various levels of staff
- Strong work ethic, team player and ability to maintain a high degree of integrity & professionalism in performing assigned responsibilities
- Good spoken and written English is essential
- Well organized and keen to detail
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) career website on poverty-action.formstack.com to apply