is the premier university for the education of Technology, Science and Business oriented global leaders, offering an exceptional learning experience to thousands of youth from Kenya and beyond.
The Programme leader shall report to the DVC- Academics and shall be responsible for the following:
- Acting as academic leader for the team of staff who contribute modules and teaching for the core and optional elements of the programme;
- Ensuring that the programme is academically coherent and that it remains informed by research developments and other initiatives, in the field concerned;
- Ensuring that the programme is responsive to market need and that appropriate actions are taken in response to all stakeholders;
- Keeping up to date with learning and teaching developments;
- Ensuring that the learning outcomes, at all levels, are clear and appropriate for the level of the award ;
- Undertaking review of the programme in accordance with university policy and CUE guidelines;
- Monitoring of student performance on the programme;
- Responding to programme related academic queries from students;
- Ensuring adequate levels of academic support for students, including work placements and internships;
- Ensuring that evaluation of modules, programmes and monitoring of student satisfaction is managed effectively;
- Attending the relevant meetings, where appropriate eg Board(s) of Examiners, senate;
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a minimum of a PhD or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant area from a recognized/accredited university;
- At least three (3) years of teaching/research experience at the university level as a Lecturer/Research Fellow;
- At least six equivalent publication points as a Lecturer/Research Fellow;
- Has supervised at least four (4) postgraduate students to completion as a Lecturer/Research Fellow;
- Been registered by the relevant Professional Body ( where applicable )
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and the internet.
- Have excellent understanding of University functions, policies and procedures for promotion of teaching and learning, research and innovation.
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills whilst being decisive.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and team work proficiencies.
- Have good understanding of the current industry trends, education laws, policies and regulations governing the planning, development and management of university education in Kenya.
- Be knowledgeable of technology-enhanced learning and learning management systems
- Outstanding and demonstrated high level of integrity and professionalism
Method of Application
Terms and Conditions of Service for the Position
The Terms and Conditions of Service for this position include;
- Full-time permanent employment contract.
- A competitive remuneration package in accordance to the University Human Resource Policy.
Interested applicants should forward their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae, current salary and benefits.
Applicants should also enclose copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with their competencies for the position.
Applicants are requested to ask their referees to send confidential reports on the candidate’s suitability for the position.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Applications and referee reports should be sent to the following address:
The Vice Chancellor
Main Campus, Off Thika Road – Ruiru
P.O.Box 2768 – 00200
OR e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 16th March 2017.
Zetech University is an Equal Opportunity Employer