Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company. We deliver agricultural products that support farmers all around the world. We are focused on empowering farmers—large and small—to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy. We do this with our leading seed brands in crops like corn, cotton, oilseeds and fruits and vegetables. We also produce leading in-the-seed trait technologies for farmers, which are aimed at protecting their yield, supporting their on-farm efficiency and reducing their on-farm costs. We strive to make our products available to farmers throughout the world by broadly licensing our seed and trait technologies to other companies. In addition to our seeds and traits business, we also manufacture Roundup® branded herbicides and other herbicides used by farmers, consumers and lawn-and-garden professionals. Monsanto could not exist without farmers. They are our customers--the lifeblood of our company. More important, they are the support system of the world's economy, working day in and day out to feed, clothe and provide energy for our world.
Supports all aspects of drying and seed conditioning in the plant operations (offloading, husking, sorting, drying, shelling, conditioning, packaging, re-bagging and maintenance).
Responsibilities for the Dryer Seed Technician
- Conduct plant operations including but not limited to:
- Offloading, husking, sorting, drying, shelling, conditioning, packaging and
- Receiving and bulk storage
- Material handling
- Material movement
- Bin mapping, sampling and estimating
- Operate color sorter and maintain settings
- Operate batch treater and maintain settings
- Utilize company resources in an efficient manner in order to control cost
- Supervises temporary/seasonal staff,
- Assist with inventory management
- Comply with goals set forth for quality, reliability and cost
- Lead and comply with all ESH Policies and Procedures, provide assistance and arrange for resources to promote safety in processing plant.
- Supervise the flow of product through the different stages of the processing process
- Supervise the tracking and quantification of downtime.
- Maintain operational records as required by the QMS management systems.
- Ensure compliance with quality assurance standards and management system set by ISO9001.
- Manage personnel to ensure excellence in plant maintenance and housekeeping.
- Demonstrates exceptional potential as a technical leader
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates expert problem solving skills
- Assist with maintenance of processing equipment mechanical and electrical.
- Manage proceses efficiency through KPI`s ‘.
Qualifications for the Dryer Seed Technician
- National Diploma or Equivalent N4 – Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Relationships and Networks
- Recognizing, respecting and leveraging the talents, skills and resources of others, both in and outside of Monsanto.
- Working effectively with teams and networks across geographic, political, demographic, functional and other cultural and organizational boundaries
- Establishing a high level of trust that allows us to become the partner of choice
- Develops the confidence and trust of immediate work group
- Participates in developing supply chain training opportunities
- Courage and Condor
- Know what you believe and be willing to respectfully express opinions to improve the common good, particularly when it means challenging the status quo
- Courageously face new challenges and opportunities; leaving behind the familiar in an exploration of the unknown
- Can apply skills to different processes
- Takes steps to improve performance based on constructive feedback
- Adapt quickly to changes in our business.
- Demonstrate a high level of comfort with ambiguity
- Strong ability to respond quickly to new opportunities
- Understand our business and the drivers of change in our environment in order to respond accordingly.
- Initiative and Foresight
- Anticipate and plan for the future
- Take action instead of waiting to be told what to do, or waiting for the environment to become more stable
- Supports positive image of Monsanto within organization/community
- Results Orientation
- Passion about making the right things happen in the right way at the right time — in spite of potential barriers
- Discipline in operational excellence
- Meets deadlines/expectations
- MS Office software (Excel, E-mail, Word, Project etc.)
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative
- Strong teamwork (flexibility to work across the areas and positively influencing others)
- Establish clear direction and making decisions on a timely manner
- ISO training.
- Technical Skills Training
- Job Seed Production
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Monsanto Company career website on monsanto.taleo.net to apply