If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Watervale Investments is a young and quicklygrowing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We offer an exciting, dynamic working environment with opportunity for growth for our employees.
The Customer Engagement Officer role will focus on developing and managing relationships with our customers. The officer will be responsible for all aspects of our customer relationships – from customer acquisition to marketing new product lines to account management.
This is an excellent opportunity for an earlycareer professional with strong customer relations and analytical skills to take up a businesstobusiness engagement role.
The Customer Engagement Officer will be based from our office on Mombasa Road (near Cabanas), but will travel regularly within and outside Nairobi. Regular visitation to customer shops will be an important part of the role. Candidates should therefore be comfortable with significant travel and field work.
This is a longterm, salaried position with the added opportunity of earning commissions from sales. Our company is growing quickly and there are ample opportunities for professional development and career growth for exceptional candidates.
Customer Engagement Officer Job Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for placing orders according to credit rules and credit limit established by your supervisor
- Manage customers’ payment schedule and ensure that customers adhere to credit limits
- Build longterm relationships with clients and service recurring order needs
- Provide all customer support required by the clients in your portfolio
Network Within the Industry and Identify New Clients
- Build and grow relationships within the furniture manufacture industry
- Use industry networks and other means to generate new leads on an ongoing basis
- Develop a strong understanding of competitors and competing products on the market
Present Products to Prospective Customers
- Pursue leads, research prospects and make initial introductory calls
- Make product presentations which show an indepth understanding of our products and the client’s needs
- Offer recommendations to your supervisor about creditworthiness of new customers
- Close relationships and coordinate orders with our warehouse
Qualifications for the Customer Engagement Officer Job
- A preference for 12 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- Furniture industry knowledge or experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and success developing productive professional relationships
- A mature professional who can comfortably relate with business owners and senior purchasing managers
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail—ability to analyze customer statements and proactively identify and address issues with customer accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a young, quicklygrowing organization and team
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Watervale Investments career website on docs.google.com to apply